Author Topic: Who do you reckon will be the first member to get the Covid jab...  (Read 16187 times)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
Re: Who do you reckon will be the first member to get the Covid jab...
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2021, 10:40:26 am »
It's also worth noting that post jab, the impact of catching it is significantly reduced.

That’s complete Bxxxxxs, the jab means If/When you catch it the systems are drastically reduced, if you have seen what has been said on the box today, current info the effects of jab may only last 6 month or maybe less.

Out of the tunnel....can’t even see the friggin light at the end....we are a long way from getting out of jail, hence why the government is shitting themselves cuz this dumb population thinks the jab is a license to run a mock.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2021, 12:09:52 pm »
Interesting because even with 2 jabs their only talking 85% against catching it again...

If you were going to buy a bike and they said reliability was 85% would you buy it...oh hang on I bought a K  >:(

:) :) :) :) :)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2021, 12:13:36 pm »
I have a sneaky feeling that the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of the empty 11:47 from Paddington. Running late and on a charge.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2021, 01:53:43 pm »
That’s complete Bxxxxxs, the jab means If/When you catch it the systems are drastically reduced, if you have seen what has been said on the box today, current info the effects of jab may only last 6 month or maybe less.

If you mean can we expect to have an annual Covid jab as well as a flu jab, then yes, I'd expect that.

But in 6 month's time, we'll be back down to low thousands or even just hundreds of positive tests. Stress ye not. Well, stress until March, but too much - it's bad for the ticker.

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2021, 04:32:04 pm »
Rae, no side affect unless "too lazy to get off my arse and do something useful" counts. We were supposed to sit down in the waiting room for 15 minutes, I lasted about three before I went home.
As I understand the Pfizer jab, the fist gives 52% protection, the second after three weeks raises that to 95% after a further three weeks. As I think I said before I carry on as usual wearing a mask in doors and distancing and obeying the rules as I don't know if I can still spread it. And as has been said I don't want to give ideas to others out there for getting around the rules.
I heard on the radio that it might well be and annual one like the flu jab and wouldn't be surprised if they were combined into one vaccination.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline farmer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1200rs, k1300s
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2021, 04:58:30 pm »
that looks an awesome tunnel, where is it?

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2021, 06:26:10 pm »
It's also worth noting that post jab, the impact of catching it is significantly reduced.

Out of the tunnel....can’t even see the friggin light at the end....we are a long way from getting out of jail, hence why the government is shitting themselves cuz this dumb population thinks the jab is a license to run a mock.

As stated in the BMJ:

Alongside asymptomatic infections, another secondary outcome of the trial was prevention of severe disease. The paper found that, from 21 days after the first dose, 10 cases of patients being admitted to hospital for covid-19 were reported, all of which were in the control arm. Two of these cases were classified as severe, including one death.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4777

And I wouldn't recommend getting the jab in the "complete Bxxxxxs"!!! ;)
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2021, 10:00:46 pm »
One thing for sure taken aback at the increasing number of folks who are testing positive who I know, several with no symptoms what so ever.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2021, 08:56:05 pm »
Today's stat:
'More people in Britain were reported dead of Covid-19 in a day today than died on the roads in a year in 2019.'

1820 Covid-19 deaths versus 1752 died in road traffic accidents last year.
And everyone worries about fast cars & motorbikes.

Stay safe, as they say, and keep hanging on for another month or so. It will be worth it.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2021, 01:59:26 pm »
Today's stat:
'More people in Britain were reported dead of Covid-19 in a day today than died on the roads in a year in 2019.'

1820 Covid-19 deaths versus 1752 died in road traffic accidents last year.
And everyone worries about fast cars & motorbikes.

Stay safe, as they say, and keep hanging on for another month or so. It will be worth it.

As many of you know, my wife is a nurse and a senior manager at our local hospital. Her view is to not get too hung up on the "number" of COVID deaths but to wait for the figures that show actual vs. expected deaths. That'll be a better measure of the real impact of COVID.

The reason for this is, for example,, they had a cancer patient who tested COVID positive but was completely asymptomatic. That patient had a massive fatal heart attack related to their cancer treatment, nothing to do with COVID. Another situation was a patient who suffered a brain hemorrhage and died, again having tested positive but were asymptomatic.

Both of those were reported as COVID deaths but neither had anything to do with COVID.

Using government statistics is probably more dangerous than riding a motorcycle! ;)
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2021, 03:01:12 pm »
Isn't it about if the covid can be a "contributing factor"? Which I assume in all cases as you mention above could be blagged? I get the point though, it's running total deaths now compared to same time 2 years ago.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2021, 04:44:41 pm »
You're right - comparing 2020 deaths versus say the 5 year average is the way to go. Here's the comparison:
- look at the 'Weekly all-cause mortality surveillance week 3 (2021) report'

Note the massive spike in April-May 2020. Normal death rate per week is 9-10k. With Covid in April it was 21k. That was double normal death rates, but it came back to normal during the summer.
We're now in the new spike building in December, and we're topping the April one, but it's not on the graph yet.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2021, 05:22:23 pm »
Isn't it about if the covid can be a "contributing factor"? Which I assume in all cases as you mention above could be blagged? I get the point though, it's running total deaths now compared to same time 2 years ago.
Although you'd think so that's not this case. The measure of "COVID deaths" is about people who die within 28 days of a positive COVID test, regardless what they actually die of. You'd be a COVID death if you got run over on the way home to isolate having just formally tested positive.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2021, 06:04:56 pm »
Shit.

So what you're saying is now is the time to sneak in a couple of unrelated genocides if I can fake some covid tests.

Ta.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022