Author Topic: Intercom recommendations.  (Read 11013 times)

Offline heatherdrift

• View Profile
Re: Intercom recommendations.
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2016, 10:27:31 pm »
I go biking regularly with 3 mates, all of us have the same Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset which we use for chat on the move.

Brian, the set up seems strange and complicated but it works. Quite often though a member of the group drops out, due to range sometimes, all you do is push the button 1, 2, or 3 taps dependant upon which order it was set up, and you hook straight back into the chat.

The range is up to say about 1/2 km in open countryside, but can be much less in town with buildings etc.

I can't recommend them highly enough, they have transformed our bike trips.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2016, 11:07:48 pm »
You now better since you have it , was not aware of the described configiration to achive distance have to admit, the rumor here supports companies  claims but as have no personal opinion might as well take your word for it and stay away fm it, have to admit was going to get it , love its remote control.
In any case am currently satisfied with my system 5 bmw helmets , old but still me and my pillion after 8 years enjoy them , up to now only a pair of batteries was needed.
The interphone 4 on the other hand (bought for 240£ , back in 2010 fm Nippy Normans with a coupon of 10% discount offered to the old site members) now is retired sitting in my garage in its box cause started to pressent varius issues, cable connections,  microphones, earphones,  all at some point needed replacement.
If someone needs some parts huppy to give them.
8 years old Costas! Most helmet manufacturers recommend replacement after 5 years.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2016, 07:04:28 am »
Now that you mention that , should go and get them checked. That is a set rarely used so forgot all about it.
Embrace the wind.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2016, 10:55:11 am »
I had a small sized Schuberth helmet stored in an inside cupboard that my boys used when they were younger. When I got it out to check it the foam backing inside the lining had all crumbled into dust. Not used much but only good for the dustbin.

Don't forget that when you store a helmet the manufacturers recommend that the visor should be left wide open.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2016, 02:11:11 pm »
I haven't tried it out as a bike to bike, I'm going off all the whinges and moans and the technical description on the website I gave the link for in my post of May 6th above!

Offline Perbunan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 03:14:44 pm »
Parcel arrived on Monday as promised well packaged and all items present, nice quality box too!

So far I have only tested it connected to my phone to listen to music and recieve calls which works great with no distortion or crackling for either party. Hopefully I can get to test the bike to bike range at the weekend. The sound quality is very good given the price tag and plenty loud enough (my wife sneezed whilst talking to me and I nearly shat myself it was that loud straight down my ear holes-not good  :-\ ).

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 09:11:17 pm »
I had a small sized Schuberth helmet stored in an inside cupboard that my boys used when they were younger. When I got it out to check it the foam backing inside the lining had all crumbled into dust. Not used much but only good for the dustbin.

Don't forget that when you store a helmet the manufacturers recommend that the visor should be left wide open.

When I bought my 1150GS I had had a layoff for a while and when I dug out my old helmet to go and collect the bike, the lining had done the same. I had removed the lining, stuffed the helmet with newspaper, left the visor open and even sprayed it with some (Bob Heath?) helmet freshener stuff. I had no option but to wear it with two balaclavas underneath it for two trips before I got to the dealers to collect my new one.

Brian (who was [much] younger then  8) )

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 09:20:29 am »
The suspense is killing me, Perbunan! What's the verdict on your new intercom's bike to bike ability?

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 09:32:34 am »
Yes, please give us an update.

Offline Perbunan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 04:38:09 pm »
Sorry folks I've only been on 1 ride out with said mate who hadn't put his unit on charge  :( and I've just got back off hols, hopefully next weekend I can test the Bluetooth range out!

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 11:39:52 am »
RESURRECTION!

How did it go Perby?
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Perbunan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 08:50:12 pm »
RESURRECTION!

How did it go Perby?

Hah,hah bit of a delay...... :D
Ok within 200m bike to bike then starts to loose signal, but still good value for the money and great for my phone or music. So nice budget priced unit.