Author Topic: Creaking sound  (Read 5308 times)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Creaking sound
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 05:55:30 pm »
The hugger had the same on me last year when on a weekend with a beautiful lady. On the road the woman started complaining about a strange noise coming from under her seat, but me the rider foul and full of pride for the bike dismissed it. Later we arrived at the hotel, had arranged a parking space close to the wallets booth for easy access via an interim side corridor. But trying to move the bike I too became aware of the noise and decide to act upon it. The bolts supporting the hugger were so loose to the point that in a few miles there would be lost. What can a rider do now? As said even if we  had a mechanic and a full collection of tools every time the issue needs tool that by accident we do not have with us. Left it like that went for a shower and then with a clear mind went down to the bike again. Armed with pliers and a long screw driver that fitted exactly the torque bolt gap manage to tied them as much as possible and for the piece of mind put some super glue (do not ask). three days and 400 kms later the hugger was at its place and one of the bolts loose again. Arrived at my mechanic (costas) he immediately dispatched one assistant to deal with it FOC and a coffee offered, i like this people. He later emerged from the workshop with a grim face his words exactly: ''are you nuts ? you used super glue?" likely they moved it without issues. As for me decided not to carry the glue with me again.
Embrace the wind.