Author Topic: Michelin...  (Read 12285 times)

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Michelin...
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2021, 06:10:15 pm »
In its cases, it won't even go in the car...

The image stabilised binocs might make it onto the carrier 😎

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2021, 06:58:02 pm »
A few pints of the Neuadd Arms homebrew and you won't need artificial aids to see wonderous things.
Me? I just need to sniff cider.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2021, 09:01:26 am »
Wellllll!

20 miles of very twisty stuff at mildly increasing angles of lean on what was then the hottest day of the year so far is no great test of anything other than my patience...

I'm sure by the time Richard and I get half way to Wales next week for bit of a Wrinklies route recce, I will have forgotten all about the tyres. Unless of course I'm on my arse a couple of miles up the road.

The guys in Protyre swear by them as do a couple of guys in Frasers and with your comments as well, they will be superb. The days when any of the big boys took a backward step in tyre performance has long gone, hopefully. Although PR3 to PR4 springs to mind...

It'll be good to hear what you think of the Road 5's after the Wrinklies run. The challenge now is to wear the new tyres out before Michelin launch the Road 7. ;)

Having been very happy with the Road 5s on both my K1300S and my H2 SX, I think my next tyres will be the Roadtec 01s. When I tried them on my K1300S they gave quicker steering, better turn in and more feel. The only reason I didn't fit another pair was that they white lined badly from very early on. As I don't really commute anymore then white lining will be much less of a problem (I hope) so having the better feel may be worth it. I'll post a thread once I've changed the tyres.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2021, 02:55:20 pm »
Does that mean really low-mileage company bikes being up for grabs from now on then David  8)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2021, 04:27:48 pm »
Does that mean really low-mileage company bikes being up for grabs from now on then David  8)

Probably only 1 more, in a couple of years - my H2 SX. I'll still be doing some work miles but not the the number I was doing before. I suspect 3k to 4k per year. As such, the H2 SX will likely be kept another year or two before being sold off. What I buy after that will see me through to retirement and will be sold to me as the company closes down. That'll then be my personal bike for a good few years.

Are you looking for a Kawasaki in 2 or 3 years time? :D
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2021, 04:45:01 pm »
Probably most of us are :D
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2021, 09:30:23 pm »
There could be an auction on the way...

The rate I'm not putting miles on the K it will be seeing me into the grave. Just not too soon one hopes  :)

Offline kfrogzx7

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K100rs & K13s Motorsport
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2022, 07:32:15 pm »
There are a few very positive reports of Pilot Road 6's beginning to surface, so today I ordered mine ... £330 fitted, bit above the going rate I think but my local shop is so handy to drop lose wheels into so ....
However, I didn't realise that I need long reach torx sockets to get to the rear wheel bolts grrr , that's just after I told them I'd bring the wheels in tomorrow !! Anyway I just about did it with my 1/4" drive sockets and my heart in my mouth !!!
I'll post my thoughts when I've scrubbed them in on some dry roads, whenever that might be ? Don't expect any great insights tho' because I have never fitted new tyres and not been immediately in love with them  ;D
K100rs : R1100s : R1150rs : R1200st : K1300s m/s

Offline Steve404

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2015 Motorsport
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2022, 07:03:02 pm »
Evening, just had a pair of Road 6's fitted this morning, you are right they are steep in price. Not yet scrubbed but feel surefooted as Michelins always have been for me (3,4,5 and now 6).

Love a new tyre.
Steve Joyce

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2022, 07:17:01 pm »
Much prefer a Power RS on the front, turns/sticks better than The Pilot Road option.