Author Topic: M5 This Morning  (Read 1534 times)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
M5 This Morning
« on: July 23, 2020, 04:16:53 pm »
Trundling down the motorway today in the van,look in the mirror see a bike coming at warp speed(i’m Doing 80) pull over but the outside lane still has plenty of cars rolling along,man undertakes them and disappears into the distance at a guess 140 plus.....

So if your the gent on the white/red/black K1300,whilst highly irresponsible I was impressed  :)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Re: M5 This Morning
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 05:02:39 pm »
Did it have panniers? I know a number of police forces used the K1300S in unmarked form.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 05:31:05 pm »
No panniers,two piece black leathers,Arai,small ruck sack on his back,it was fascinating to watch really because he certainly wasn’t in top cuz I could hear the QS when he clicked it up a gear,but what was blatantly obvious he was on the stop,but blimey the old girl was certainly tramping on,I could see quite a distance and I bet he was gone in 10/15 seconds and bare in mind I wasn’t exactly hanging about.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 07:24:07 pm »
Wasnae me I was there on Tuesday....

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 11:39:44 pm »
I think at that speed and with so much traffic around he might lose more than his licence if a plain clothes cop spots him and for sure, he won't spot them...

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 08:16:12 am »
He sounds like a complete twat to me  ??? ::)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 10:32:55 am »
Without a doubt,but I have to say whilst highly irresponsible very impressive to watch because he clearly knew what he was doing,what his survival rate is,is something else and the way he was dressed and sat on bike i’d have guessed age wise 40’s so old enough to know better  ;D

But given some open road without any twists and turn the old K can still do a turn...

Offline CrazyDave

• View Profile
    • BigBikeMad
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Too many to list
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 03:12:06 pm »
I must admit I tend to have the same feelings when I see something like this. Its like those guys who can wheely standing on the seat.

Its daft in traffic ...or perhaps at all... but on the other hand I can't suppress something like admiration for the skill / spherical objects involved.

D :D
Bigbikemad Channel