Author Topic: Never heard of this recall...  (Read 650 times)

Online GlynH

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Touratech heated seats
Never heard of this recall...
« on: August 07, 2023, 05:07:25 pm »
As NOG refuse to give me any details on which recalls for my K1300GT they have completed citing GDPR I rang BMW Motorrad Customer Service and asked them the same question.

They were very helpful and told me that the following recalls had in fact been reported as being completed;

1. Fuel Pump (9/5/2014) - although they couldn't tell me exactly what had been done; inspection/flange/pump etc.

2. Cam chain jump guide (4/2/2013) - not sure if just the plastic guide or tensioner/o-rings etc.

3. Pivot mount relay lever strut (10/1/2011) - never heard of this one or seen any mention of it before and believe me I've read a LOT!

All 3 dates above tie in with stamps in the service book.

They had no record of the hot start auxiliary harness having been done although looking at the two cables connected to the positive battery terminal, strapped & routed together disappearing into the depths of the engine would appear to me maybe it has.

Has anybody else heard of the 'pivot mount relay lever strut ' issue before or am I suffering from selective memory?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Never heard of this recall...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 05:33:55 pm »
Haven't the faintest, but if NOG try the GDPR card again, explain that GDPR is for personal information, not bikes, and you own the bike. Espèce d’idiots! If you asked for the details of previous owners, that would be a different matter.

Ref:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation
'The GDPR's goals are to enhance individuals' control and rights over their personal information and to simplify the regulations for international business.

Online GlynH

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Touratech heated seats
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 06:23:19 pm »
Oh I know but I don't have much luck with NOG on the two or three occasions I've been there.

I even called in at Caffeine & Machine one sunny afternoon to find BMW Motorrad were doing a dealer training session.

The two guys from BMW couldn't have been more accommodating and if I hadn't rocked up fairly late that afternoon to meet a friend of mine I would have spent more time with them to the point of being cheeky and asking them directly to update the software on my machine as they had the laptop hanging out of the van connected to an R1250GS.

They asked me who my dealer was and how I found them and seemed genuinely disappointed when I related my experiences to them. They told me the Dealer Principal of NOG was there and would I mind if they asked him to come over and discuss the issues I experienced.

I had no problem with that and would have welcomed the opportunity to have a discussion away from their home turf in a relaxed setting (while he would probably have been on best behaviour) but needless to say nobody approached me and by the time I came out again most everybody had left.

I've all but given up with NOG which seems such a shame as I think I said earlier they sold the bike from new and have done every.single.service.since including tyres etc.

Next service is due in February so I'll have to decide if they deserve to have it in the workshop again.

-=Glyn=-

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 07:28:56 pm »
<Start The Dove From Above motions>coo... Coo... Come to the Bahnstormer side... And await them doing something silly. They all cock it up eventually. </End The Dove From Above motions>

GDPR is like IR35. No business seems to be able to collectively understand it so just defaults to nope! Hotel had cctv of guys nicking my bike, whilst I was stood at reception they watched it but then said GDPR when I asked for it.

Word to their mother.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 08:31:08 pm »
GDPR? What a complete load of bulls**t!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org