Author Topic: Cut out  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Bikerjim

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300s
Cut out
« on: April 06, 2015, 05:43:16 pm »

Occasionally the bike cuts out, usually as i come to a standstill from giving it the beans.

I have had the switch gear replaced but its still happening. The other day in the wet it did it three times on the way to work. There is no reason for it to cut out, as i go from 10mph (ish) and pull the clutch in it cuts out.

Any ideas ?

Jim

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Cut out
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 05:58:42 pm »
Assuming the battery is ok then you are for new ignition coils (126 euros each).
First coil cylinder from no2 goes then that of no1. The issue is that the PC will only demonstrate one of the damaged ones each time you connect it and only when bike is hot. Its a difficult problem to identify and many times they end up changing sensors and look other were for the problem.
My personal experience is that it takes a good mechanic to find the problem. In my bike they had to take bike apart two times and then to avoid the same again and again I agreed with hi suggestion to change all. Now in my closet are two coils sitting, but with the new ones on, the bike is flying.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Cut out
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 06:06:17 pm »
Jim, to help folks who are trying to help you, please put your bike type in your profile so we don't have to go hunting for i each time. If you do this it appears under your handle at the head of each of your posts.

In the event that you are just round the corner from a member who offers to put their GS-911 diagnostic tester on your bike, put your location in also, otherwise folks don't know where you are.

Brian (who thinks we are such a lovely friendly bunch in here)