Author Topic: Brake Discs  (Read 1319 times)

Bullet

Brake Discs
« on: May 04, 2016, 05:59:30 pm »
I think it will be time to change my discs shortly, a fair bit of pitting where the previous owner let the bike stand for too long.

Does any one have any experience of a certain type ?    I've put copies on bikes before with no issues but have seen Brembos up at £130 each which is way more expensive than others, are they that much better ?

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Brake Discs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 07:42:24 pm »
They certainly are.
Take a look at the ones sold by sites like hornig, touratech,  boxer design, wunderlich for comparison purposes. Oem ones cost 330€ per set. The old k12s are using the newer version used at the K13S discs with less bolts and nuts, and no floating gaskets as the older design. 
Ebay has some beutifull design brembo. Make certain if you get any aftermarket set that they are the floating type and include nuts, bolts.
Experiance only with trw made by lucas they were good and still are in use on the old k12s after 40.000 kms and 7 years. 
Embrace the wind.

Bullet

Re: Brake Discs
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 07:59:19 pm »
Very helpful

Thanks  ;)