Author Topic: Payback  (Read 14469 times)

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300 Dynamic
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Autocom, BSD remap, 170 at the wheel. SC project can with baffle removed.Lust 25mm lowering plates
Payback
« on: June 09, 2018, 03:47:01 pm »
Hello guys, if any of you need small parts turning up I can offer you that service. I built a small machine shop when I retired, with a nice little lathe and universal miller, Both made in England, there'd be no charge just the cost of the material and postage.
I know sometimes we need little brackets or mounting posts or such like made.
I reckon this forums already eventually saved me the cost of a new radiator so i feel it's the least i can do.

Best regards   Mick
No problems only Solutions

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Re: Payback
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 04:47:28 pm »
That's very kind of you Sutty.

I'd offer my 3D printer on a similar basis but I'd need to be supplied with the model!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 06:29:32 pm »
That is very kind of you Mick. I might take you up on that sometime.

When I was in the aircraft industry at Rolls Royce, I could get all sorts of parts machined, but sadly not any more.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Autocom, BSD remap, 170 at the wheel. SC project can with baffle removed.Lust 25mm lowering plates
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 07:02:35 pm »
No problem Tom..

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 07:10:33 am »
I do love the old style machine shops.. I remember taking many a cylinder head in to get it skimmed and valve guides renewed

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 12:25:52 pm »
Cheers Rob, my millers not quite big enough to skim a head but I have some fly cutters and a nice little boring /facing head for facing out the bottom of awkward holes.

Best regards.  Mick

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 12:48:40 pm »
I have a Chester Conquest mini lathe but no milling machine, I'd love a milling machine but my double garage is pretty full of other machinery and finding somewhere to put a milling machine would be difficult  :-[

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 03:37:50 pm »
I know the feeling well Rae, I bought a really nice Harrison M250 that was from a school and they only let the students turn nylon and wood on it, it's in first class nick and well within .0005" over a  10' length. I also managed to find a very nice Tom Senior M1 that I fitted a 3 axis DRO to. Both a pleasure to use. It came with a Senior dividing head and I've since acquired a Slotting head for it.

Best regards    Mick

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 04:33:46 pm »
I would have to get rid of my cast iron table saw, router table, bandsaw, Festool mitre saw bench and a whole host of other carpentry and woodworking tools to fit in anything else in.  ;)

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 05:19:43 pm »
I would have to get rid of my cast iron table saw, router table, bandsaw, Festool mitre saw bench and a whole host of other carpentry and woodworking tools to fit in anything else in.  ;)

And that's all under the seat, Rae?

Or am I on the wrong thread again? ;D

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 05:29:39 pm »
I don't keep woodworking tools under the seat Rich, just the microwave, toaster and a Z bed

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 06:01:02 pm »
I'd love a decent sized shop, I had to put my Emco bandsaw on wheels and build a small annex on the shed to house it. I've spent the last 4 or 5 years building half scale cars for the grandkids and in the process had to build several machines, ring roller, English wheel, bead roller, louvre press, thumbnail shrinker, then had to rent a garage to store them in. Plus storing the cars cos my daughter says she has no room.

Regards. Mick

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 06:30:12 pm »
...and from the other side of this dilemma...

About 2-3 years ago when I couldn't get in my guest bedroom for stuff that 'should' have been in the garage I didn't have and couldn't get into the summer house for stuff that 'ought' to have been in the workshop I've never had, I had a monumental clear out, gave stuff away and eBay'd perfectly good things like router tables and ginormous WorkMates.

Three months later I decided to move home and now have a 6m by 3.5m garage cum workshop!

Oh, and nothing to put in it...

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 06:44:31 pm »
I do have 3 garages as well but the bike lives in one that I use as a welding come workshop. The war departments transport in one then the other is like a machinery store, It would be heaven to have a shop that size.
When I want to put the bikes on the lift I have to shuffle everything round.

Regards.  Mick

gibbo

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 07:20:36 am »
PM sent Mick  :)