Author Topic: Tell Me I'm Not Mad  (Read 5254 times)

Offline farmer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1200rs, k1300s
Re: Tell Me I'm Not Mad
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 03:50:24 pm »
it is so disappointing when you weigh up options and plump for what you think is the safest option only to be let down by the professionals making a mistake i would'nt (i think ) have.
at least you got your tyres sorted.
good point by chris canning on the tyre dealers being the tyre people....but then i got nipped (literally) by one....its just disappointing.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2020, 05:01:50 pm »
Some irony going on here because I haven't had a tyre fitted on a bike by anyone but a tyre outlet in years, and in my case as a certain gent on here knows because we have met there is Wheel House Tyres, but just show.... just had a car MOT'd and suggested he change the tyres while he was at it and ruined an Alloy wheel, I'll not bore you with the rest....

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2020, 06:15:58 pm »
Agh. See I'm shedding it in car world, E46 325i and when I got it the mv1 alloys weren't exactly great so I've not been precious. Every time I look at something fancier I worry that... I'll worry. :D

Still, wouldn't mind an XK! Maybe I could but steels on it :p.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2020, 12:01:55 pm »
With modern wheel/tyre gear in a proper tyre place there is NO excuse for scuffs or chips or silver weights on black wheels.

Micheldever Tyres (the real ones in Micheldever) have fitted a gazillion tyres on rally cars, my road cars, family cars and mine and mates bikes for donkey's years with never a blemish or a complaint. The tyre bay is a proper bike tyre bay and the guy is happy to use your weights if you have lime green wheels and want lime green weights (ebay). He even points out that if you have older wheels with the ridge down the middle and clip on weights, that if he takes them off they will scratch the paint  :(

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2020, 12:41:40 pm »
I used those guys years ago, I think after you'd mentioned them. Was good, might try them next time.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022