Author Topic: Pressure washers  (Read 9970 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Pressure washers
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 11:41:50 am »
The best bit of motorcycle kit I ever bought - probably...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HF2XMYM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

180 x 360 degree angular coverage. That's the whole of the northern hemisphere.

The box it came in even had a piccie of a very filthy KTM on it  8)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:30:20 pm by Phmode »

howlindawg

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 08:57:47 pm »
The best bit if motorcycle kit I ever bought

Cool!
I need one!

Uhmmmm…… what is it?  ???

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 11:17:00 pm »
You followed the link and you ask what it is?

Awesome  8)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 10:23:44 am »
I must admit, I have a fair amount of sympathy for howlindawg I've followed the link and I know it's an attachment for a pressure washer and I know that it does what it does over 360 degrees but it's still not 100% clear what it is it does.

I assume it's a "nozzle" for the pressure washer but does it give a constant 360 degree spray, like an umbrella? Is it a single spray that can be directed "real time" by the user?
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 11:31:11 am »
Ah, OK. That was a great idea David, I like the umbrella pattern idea.

Unfortunately not. The 'nozzle' gives the same adjustable pattern from Mix through Min to Max, just like the normal wand with the same 'nozzle'.

But, instead of the nozzle merely pointing straight ahead, which is great for patios, walls and car bodies etc., this nifty thing has the full 180 deg rotating elbow joint which also rotates about the wand centre-line through 360 degs.

This makes it perfect, when fitted on the end of the normal extension arm, for getting underneath your car body and into the wheel arches to get the acres of farmer's field off and into the drains. Also perfect for under the bike mudguards, getting the jet, on minimum, directly square on into the radiator of the bike to rinse it through and a squillion and one other uses I haven't thought of yet.

Oh, and hiding round corners and soaking your mate/partner/wife/hubby/child/dog etc. without revealing yourself to similar treatment.

That's it! It's a gun that fires round corners  8)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 12:34:50 pm »
 8) Excellent - Thank you.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2019, 01:21:25 pm »
That's another £25 spent.
Thanks Brian
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2019, 03:26:49 pm »
That's another £25 spent.
Thanks Brian

Sorry Ron...that's how I got to be so poor and have so much 'stuff' too  8)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 05:48:10 pm »
Well! Having used this amazing gizmo a couple of times now it has one very serious flaw.

The fan-shaped jet of water cannot easily be used like a 'scraper' under wheel arches, mudguards etc. Instead, the jet can only be used like a scalpel.

Imagine the normal fan-shaped jet you use to clean the patio, it spreads out flat in front of you and is great for using in a back and forth motion. Now imagine trying to use it from side to side. Not much use!

With the right-angled flip-flop on the end of the lance and with it angled up at 90 degrees to go under a wheelarch or mudguard, when you twist the handle from side to side thejet of water is acting like a scalpel and only cuts a groove in the muck rather than scraping it all off in one movement.

So, here's the thing...the 'eyelid' shaped brass jet and nylon cover have a screwdriver slot in the end but you can't simply rotate the jet in relation to the nozzle.

I removed the four T10 securing screws from one half of the nozzle with my hamds in a big bag to catch the inevitable explosion of springs and washers and things. But no, nothing of the sort. The two halves separate easily and you are left with a pop-out assembly with course screw threads for the Min-Max adjustment.

In the end of this is a white top-hat arrangement which simply prises out to reveal the brass nozzle which easily be rotated throuh 90 degrees. But now the top-hat thingy won't go back on as it has two wide locating lugs which slide into two channels in the outer pop-out assembly. I simply cut these off with a junior hacksaw to leave four sort of identical ridges slong the tube which keep the top-hat assembly central in the assembly. Push it back in to line up with the 'eye' in the brass nozzle, clamp the two side pieces back on and put the screws back in. Simples!

Now, when you have the nozzle turned up at 90 degrees the fan-shaped jet acts like a wide scraper as you twist your wrist back and forth. Should have been like that in the first place.

Bloody seven-year-old designers.

howlindawg

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 07:23:20 pm »
Probably designed for cleaning windows and such.

Given the amount of adjustability built in you'd think it would have been east to allow the nozzle to rotate 90 degrees as well.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2019, 08:48:18 pm »
You know what Martin, it does my head in, it really does.

I'm a 2-D sort of guy, great with maps and roads (which are, as far we humings are concerned, are definitely 2-D).

When it comes to 3-D my pea-like brain cries enough. It's like flying. At the sort of speeds I used to fly, which is about as fast as I Drive or ride, everything was 2-D. OK, I would bank over but that was just like cornering on a bike really.

Watching the 'Kings of the Skies', the expose on a year in the life of the Red Arrows (again!) I fully understand why I never bothered trying for aircrew; birds and fools and all that...

These guys, when they arrive as rookies, are about as good as it gets when it comes to flying. They all have numerous tours on the very latest fast jets doing stuff even the birds can't do. And yet, there is that look of terror on their faces when they are faced with 3-D stunts 7 feet from some other scared rookie.

I saw the same look on my face when I was trying to work out wtf was going on when I couldn't make it 'scrape'. Twist it this way, push it up, turn it round, turn me round, try again.

Eventually I realised it was the 7 year olds and I can live with that  8)