Author Topic: Xenon HID install  (Read 2452 times)

Offline fatporker

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: MRA Vario Touring Screen, AC Schnitzer Levers, Mirror Extenders,Cansmart with denali soundbomb and B6 rear brake light, GPR EXhaust , SW Motech Alu Rack
Xenon HID install
« on: August 30, 2020, 05:31:51 pm »
Afternoon folks ... I have purchased the following kit - BMW K1300S Slimline Xenon H7 HID Conversion Kit Item Number BMW K1300S Slimline Xenon H7 HID Conversion Kit-43K
to install on the bike .. Any idea where i need to mount everything I assumed that it would be a bulb .. tether, small ballast all tucking in neatly inside the cap ... but seems i have a rather larger ballast and various other bits .. any help would be appreciated thnks

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Xenon HID install
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 10:47:06 pm »
If the boxes don't go inside the headlamp shell you bought the wrong one.

I have two sets in my headlamp shell, one in the dip beam and one in one of the mains. The best way to get decent lights on the S is to buy a cheap car kit with two sets of burners etc.

It all fits inside, wrapped in some of that perforated flubber matting to stop it rattling its way out.

The kits are designed to have the boxes outside the light unit with a hole cut in the rubber weather cap, hence the grommet. But on the S we have the luxury of a huge shell into which everything fits.

Cut the grommet off and ditch it and everything else should slip through the back of the shell.

Everything in the kit connects together with idiot'ish proof connectors with the two spade terminals going into the original H7 bulb connector and the weather cap completes the neat and invisible job.

Simples!

Bear in mind that most MoT testers (unlike mine) will fail a bike under the new rules introduced in 2018 for having an after market HID kit fitted. I would check with your local guy before rocking up for the test. It is simplicity itself to pull the burners and pop the bulbs back in for the test without disturbing the rest of the kit.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 01:12:56 am by Phmode »

Offline fatporker

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: MRA Vario Touring Screen, AC Schnitzer Levers, Mirror Extenders,Cansmart with denali soundbomb and B6 rear brake light, GPR EXhaust , SW Motech Alu Rack
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 07:31:06 am »
That was my suspicion that i bot the wrong kit to be honest it was ur set up i was chaing the twin pack bulbs arrive this week .. do u happen to have a link to the hid i shuld be buying mny thnks, i am  not being lazy but in speaking to the chap he maintains what he sent is correct

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 09:52:13 am »
It is possible to fit that type of HID. But it's a real pain in the ass to find places to cable tie the stuff, route the (short) connectors and drill through a spare lamp cap. I have, and wish I hadn't.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 09:55:28 am »
That was my suspicion that i bot the wrong kit to be honest it was ur set up i was chaing the twin pack bulbs arrive this week .. do u happen to have a link to the hid i shuld be buying mny thnks, i am  not being lazy but in speaking to the chap he maintains what he sent is correct

I'll send a pm with piccies later today.

Offline fatporker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 12:01:09 pm »
Guys ... many many thanks for taking the time to read and answer .. appreciate the pm first class forum 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 03:43:44 pm »
Careful now. People have been banned for being too nice before now  :)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 05:31:50 pm »
Get 'im banned Brian, we can't have people thinking we are friendly  ??? 8)

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 09:33:24 am »
I was nearly banned for being too 'greasy'... got so scared I ran away to France and bought a Guzzi...  8) 8) 8)
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 09:46:02 am »
That's it! You is definitely banned. For life! As well as permanently.

Guzzi indeed  ::)