Author Topic: Michelin Road 5  (Read 14504 times)

Coully

Re: Michelin Road 5
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2019, 05:50:33 pm »
Bike had 10year old Michelin hyper sporty style tyres on...fitter said right off the bat , you'll notice the difference,...oh aye...PR5s  :)

Lembu

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2019, 08:30:59 am »
I had new Metzeler Roadtecs fitted a while back, which I actually liked quite a lot.
The rear was replaced with a Dunlop SportSmart out of expediancy - but I never liked it much.
The front Metzler was still ok for a bit but I opted to swap the tyres as a pair and after wondering about the Michelin Power RS I had a pair of PilotRoad 5s fitted.
There was a moment of buyer regret when I saw a pair of PowerRS next to my PR5s - very nice looking tyre.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ejpz3aYdjFZg_kh3L8C5zWbvmLZQ0seW

I like new tyres - they always seem so much better than the old ones.  These PR5s seem to turn in better and seem to be very sticky, but is that because they are new, or the weather is warm, or they really are a step forward?  They certainly inspire confidence and I am very happy.   Let's see how they last - fitted at 24,770 ...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dYqJtcFF8z0zDmVtBYdMo8NW8bLrcYO1
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 10:38:15 am by richtea »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2019, 09:15:03 pm »
but is that because they are new,

Yes  8)

Come back and tell is what they are like when you have 12,000 miles on them  ;)

Offline DouglasM

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2015 K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Stock
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2019, 11:25:24 pm »
A friend had his second set of PR5s installed on his Yamaha R1 Monday. He says he wont use anything else....

I'm going to try the Pirelli Angel GT II next on my K1200S