Author Topic: I'm fuming!  (Read 7990 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: I'm fuming!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 08:33:31 pm »
Funny you should mention Adolf the Finger!

I am bored with the smilies we have already. We need to find some more, erm, expressive little faces.

Anybody?

Brian (who put this in the moany section rather than the shaming bit cos they need to show me they understand)

PS I'm expecting a few shrugs and slopy shoulders to be honest, but not at the same time  :o

Andy

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 07:15:01 am »
That's pretty crap all round. Which dealer was it?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 11:02:36 am »
Well Andy. If I told you that it would have to be in the shame section and then everyone would know and maybe even the dealer would know, who knows. I'm not naming them at this point, although there are folks in here who know my history of crap treatment from dealerships within 32 miles of home, so they know who it is.

The bike is going in on Tuesday for the MoT and service. So far I haven't spoken to the service manager about this issue. By the time the bike gets to them, it will obviously be fixed as I'm not riding it any further with my nuts strapped to a bomb. But the evidence is in a safe place.

Brian (who thinks that, apart from grovelling there is not much to be done in a practical sense)

PS The treatment I allude to above is all to do with the attention to detail they either show or don't show rather than the big stuff; all main dealers should be getting the big stuff right, it's the small stuff they don't fret about and that is what pees me off.

PPS And, what we don't know, of course, is how much the 'weep' turns into a gush when the system is under pressure, like with the engine running, because the tank kind of gets in the way and stops it being seen.

PPPS And by the way, I am NOT saying they caused this, the bike is 10 years old! But they missed it, twice, and that is what is unacceptable.

Set flame to low!

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 11:36:40 am »
Let's face it Brian, I don't think they like you.

Why else would they treat you like this?

I wouldn't want to let such cretins play with my life.

It is worth baring in mind that the best mechanics get to work on the best bikes which of course are the newest ones. A ten year old bike gets worked on by the tyre fitter/tea boy. Don't ask me how I know that?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:40:22 am by TomL »
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 12:22:57 pm »
 Actually Tom, despite this dealer never having sold me anything other than parts and gear and having never serviced the bike before, I get treated very well normally. They were the ones who sorted the ECU update after the new airbox and ICV went in and found it was still at the original build standard (despite my 2nd dealer having told me it was all up to date only 2 months earlier!).

On the subject of the teaboy fettling my bike, it is a strange philosophy. One would assume the most experienced would work on the bikes that needed their experiemce the most, like mine, and yours!

One reason I baled out of the RAF after 16 years was that the philosophy was just the opposite; the old lags, like me, got lumbered with the old kit and kites because we knew how to keep em in the air. All the new stuff that came through was given to the new boys who were coming through the training schools with the latest knowledge and qualifications.

Some of the kids we had wouldn't have known how to keep the creaking Nav Bombing System in the air on the V fleet, wouldn't know where to start on a re-chrystallisation on an HF radio set and as for managing to get a new Cloud and Clunk antenna on to an ancient Britannia, they would kill themselves before they even got the radome off.

On the other hand, us old-timers wouldn't have had a clue about computers and the nacent digital revolution that was mowing us all down like corn at harvest time!

Brian (who reminisces 'bearing in mind this was the '70's, all this rubbish kit was from the war era, some of it from the Great War, he swears  >:( )

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 12:39:44 pm »
I don't think the age of the bike has much to with it the condition certainly does my K has never been wet it's not even had a bucket of water over it it's cleaned with a damp cloth when it goes in for service it's never even put outside everyone else's does mine doesn't it's treated with some reverence and they work on it with the same attiude.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 01:09:14 pm »
I don't think the age of the bike has much to with it the condition certainly does my K has never been wet it's not even had a bucket of water over it it's cleaned with a damp cloth when it goes in for service it's never even put outside everyone else's does mine doesn't it's treated with some reverence and they work on it with the same attiude.
It's good that you have confidence in your dealer and long may they satisfy you.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 02:29:00 pm »
I've used two Vines and Clarkes I strip the belly pan off to make their lives easier and I guess the fact that it's not exactly stock they show a lot more interest than if it was I've always felt that they match my efforts with theirs I maintain the other 3 bikes myself so it works quite well.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 02:36:12 pm »
Brian, how did the dealers respond to your having to ride around in a cloud of petrol fumes since last year, despite your mentioning it to them umpteen times.   :o

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 03:31:27 pm »
Sucked their teeth, tutted and said 'Hmmm? Not good!' Then presented me with an invoice for the full amount!

On a positive note (he says, scrabbling for something to say) the Parts manager, James, did tell them not to actually do the MoT as it would have been an automatic fail and limited my time options for getting it fixed; the current MoT expires on 28th March. Really good guy is James.

Also, they made a courtesy call yesterday to chesk everything was running OK following the service.

Brian (who is considering his position over a glass of red as he types; well, it is Friday  ;D )

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 03:45:47 pm »
chesk? hahahahah red wine ;D ;D ;D ;D
Embrace the wind.