Author Topic: I'm fed up  (Read 17317 times)

Offline Niall

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 08 K12GT SE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: More lights than a mod scooter
Re: I'm fed up
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 10:16:41 am »
Worshed games regarding organization ever.
He who has the most advanced drugs gets the metals, all the rest watch and take the blame for being dopped. 
And why the USA and all the rest of the athletes enrolled in their universities get tested by the us national laboratory and never by WADA?

Careful, GB is second in medal table, and is breaking world records.

I would like to think that team GB is cleaner than others though
Sospes persantas? Age! Fac ut diem...

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 10:31:21 am »
Regarding athletics am very worried about all athletes competing . 
Surprising are the statistics regarding sudden deaths of athletes at the age of 40, to my eyes a clear axample that the road to gold is not paved with sweat and efforts only.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 01:33:48 pm »
Well Niall, last night we were second in the gold medal table but third in the overall medal table. Why they go by golds I have no idea!

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 08:43:16 pm »
I'm fed up cos I'm in Holland and my bike is in Cornwall, despite doing 2000 miles in the last 2 weeks.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 11:12:08 pm »
Wanna buy my 12 and take it to Holland to ride?

Offline Niall

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 01:43:54 pm »
I'm fed up cos I'm in Holland and my bike is in Cornwall, despite doing 2000 miles in the last 2 weeks.

did you forget to ride it back?

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 07:03:27 pm »
After the frigging about with planes trains and automobiles over the last 48 hours I wish I had used it instead despite the 2 sea crossings involved (Falmouth to hoorn via Dublin don't ask). I've almost used up my 3 months insurance cover in Europe so took it home for my holiday.  Think I'll be bringing it back if I can. Seeing as Brian isn't using his 12 maybe I can borrow his number plate so they don't do me for import duty

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 10:05:36 pm »
I have two spares, come on by and one is yours and I'll tell all the lies I need to to keep you safe!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 11:12:20 pm »
Olympics?

Lemme tell you about the Olympics...look at the cyclists. Fabulous performance, every single member of the team got a medal and not an ugly one among them! I mean, do they go looking for gorgeous people to train. OK! Cav is a bit of a rough diamond but he is from the IoM after all; seven fingers and toes and all that, not to mention three legs (which must be a disadvantage on a bike) and no tail  ::)

Track and Field? Sophie Hitchon in the hammer, gorgeous looking woman and she gets a bronze in the hammer and she looks just like a Russian Tank Driver, NOT!

AND we still have Mr Trott to go!

I ride a bike! So does Laura! The similarity ends there on all sorts of fronts!!

As a 16 year old sprinter (Lancashire 100yards champion, hurdle and high jump contender) I joined the RAF to find myself training at RAF Locking with a guy called Don Halliday! He wore shorts with his name emblazoned all over them  :o

He beat me over 100 yards in training once in 1965! ONCE! I gave up and took up squash and studying, figuring if this guy could beat me then how good was I ever going to get.

The next I heared of him he was representing Scotland in the Commonwealth Games in 1970 and went on to represent Great Britain in the 100 (by then) metres in the 1972 Olympics!

Seven years of my athletic 'carreer' down the drain in a fit of pique in a training run!

All of the competitors in this years Olympics have spent years working, yes working for their moment in the limelight!

With nothing else on the box worth watching (at any time of the year) I am delighted to be able to see these young people living my dreams!

And f*** it, Kenney has it at the third start! What heroes every last one of them!

If this isn't worth watching, nothing is!

If you don't like it, turn it off and go for a ride  8)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 12:53:55 am by Phmode »

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2016, 08:48:26 am »
Agree Brian.

I'm definitely not a cyclist by nature and must admit I get well fed up with the hoards of MAMILS out at the w/e blocking up our country roads riding 3 or 4 abreast and not giving a tit about any other road users! BUT this GB team is something else. That final Kierin race with the false starts and the gold for Kenny was just sitting on the edge of the sofa stuff. Wonderfull, enthralling, brilliant!

And can some one tell me why when I'm scrolling via the 'red button' and I see that the ladies  synchro swimming is on I hit that button ::) It's weird but strangely compelling and I watch all of it even commenting on the make up, the costumes (very scanty), the strange, silly walks that lead up to them diving in and the odd choice of music. Is there something wrong with me? Do I need to see the doc? Have I lost it?

Synchro Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2016, 11:07:53 am »
Hmm! The doctor will be along as soon as the girlies weighlifting has finished!

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2016, 11:21:55 am »
Since we are on the topic of the Olympics.
Many years ago the Russians were accused of a form of cheating and having "professional" athletes because they were state sponsored.
Are we not now doing the same with Lottery funding?

Offline Niall

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2016, 04:27:56 pm »
Since we are on the topic of the Olympics.
Many years ago the Russians were accused of a form of cheating and having "professional" athletes because they were state sponsored.
Are we not now doing the same with Lottery funding?

Ah - forgive me, but I had thought them golfers and tennis types were professional sports types

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 04:46:11 pm »
That's my point  8)

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2016, 04:47:34 pm »
Hmm! The doctor will be along as soon as the girlies weighlifting has finished!

There's girlie weightlifting as well oh send me to a darkened room!

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!