Author Topic: Vehicles sorned.  (Read 1881 times)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Vehicles sorned.
« on: March 28, 2020, 12:56:22 pm »
Three vehicles SORNED today. Best to get in before the end of the month or they clobber you for another months road tax.

At least that will stop me taking the bike out for a blast.

Mind you the roads are dodgy since the isolation with walkers and kids appearing from nowhere especially when riding a push bike. Walkers and dogs seem to have reclaimed the roads and have lost all road sense.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Vehicles sorned.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 01:15:49 pm »
Mind you the roads are dodgy since the isolation with walkers and kids appearing from nowhere especially when riding a push bike. Walkers and dogs seem to have reclaimed the roads and have lost all road sense.

From the other perspective - the lone cyclist/walkers point of view - it's lovely out there. Although, like you, I was surprised by an old boy wandering just out of sight round a sharp corner, where I've never ever seen another walker in 25+ years. Missed him by < 2m but only for about 0.3 second. :o

Oh, and I got overtaken up a hill by a flowery sit up & beg lady. Hmm. With a battery. 'I'm jealous!' I shouted. And it's true. My knees would love it.

I'm wondering if they'll start limiting it to within 1 mile of home.
That will be my 10 mile local villages spin stuffed, even though I touch nothing, leave no viral footprint, and very rarely fall off.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 01:40:25 pm »
It's the law of unintended consequences.

The roads are full of families 'walking', when it's obvious they have never walked before and as you say, no road sense. It's only a matter of time...

The couple who drove a mile or so to exercise with their dog in some open space get bollocked and told to stay home and walk along the crowded road outside their terraced house with all the other residents dodging each other and getting nowhere fast. Can't do right for doing wrong!

There's a lane across to a farm shop the other side of the town and although it's narrow and twisty it's a great ride on the off-road bike and about 5 miles long. There are farms and cottages along there and yesterday on the way over in the car (in a hurry to get there as they had a delivery of leeks  ::) ) I come across a couple with three toddlers, one on a tiny push bike, and three dogs taking up the entire width of the road and both verges. By the time they had reclaimed all the errant dogs and kids I only just got the last leek.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 02:22:37 pm »
With 6 bikes,3 cars and a van plenty of SORN’s too come including 2 this month but in fairness if you forget normally get a threatening letter about a week after.

Where we live can be busy with traffic, frankly it’s wonderful must be down by 90% and with 2 retrievers who would walk for ever guess we 20 miles on a bad week and around 25 on a good one so highly amusing see folks huffing and puffing who clearly have never walked anywhere in their lives.

At the start had some grief with the 2 meter thing but out today and at long last the penny has dropped and folks are social with it,the wake up call came today when a mate phoned who has all the sytems and has gone into isolation with his wife and little girl.

Looking back in time,I started work late 60’s most of the old boys I worked with had fought in the war my recent thoughts have been with what they went through and we are moaning because we can’t do what want for a few months....

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 03:05:53 pm »
Good idea, will do mine. My K16GT has been on a “Don’t Use” gearbox recall since December. Should have done it then. 

If anyone has multiple bikes and cars etc, I use an app called Vechile Smart. Keeps you up to date with MOTs.

Offline slparry

• View Profile
    • My webspace
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 11:03:36 am »
I sorned my BoxerCup, K1 and R80.

I've left the 800GS, RT and X3 at present. Although may well do the RT and X3 at the end of the month if it is going to be a longer thing. The X3 is almost £50 a month so a good chunk.

The 800GS is good enough for shopping with its panniers.
--

Steve Parry
Sales @ Chester KTM
Oppressed since 1958

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '90 K1 .... '15 R12RT LC LE :D

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 04:15:36 pm »
Does the insurer need to know that it's SORN these days?

Car and bike don't amount to much so I think I'll leave them... yeah.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022