Author Topic: A First Today  (Read 1911 times)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
A First Today
« on: March 31, 2016, 07:33:39 pm »
The plan for next week for Le-Mans is to go on the 1100 but I always like to have a plan B,took the rear wheel out of the K and sorted another new tyre out of my stock a 190/55/17 to find when it was fitted it had a split in it the like of which I had never seen before :o

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: A First Today
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 08:10:46 pm »
A photo would reviele a lot don't you think?
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 10:32:10 pm »
The plan for next week for Le-Mans is to go on the 1100 but I always like to have a plan B,took the rear wheel out of the K and sorted another new tyre out of my stock a 190/55/17 to find when it was fitted it had a split in it the like of which I had never seen before :o

Quit the bitchin and post some piccies! And, what caused the split d'ya reckon!

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 08:17:18 am »
Wouldn't show up on a photo parallel split in the rubber 10mm out from the bead,I was informed 'Yep seen that before' oh alright then!! it was brand new unused tyre but how I aquired it and many others was errr complicated(No income tax not vat :))so from time to time one has to take these things on th chin  ;D and a Road Smart 3 was fitted.

The problem being I was warned not to run the 3 as an odd pair so now I need to get a front fitted  ::)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 09:53:09 am »
Heavy object on top of it? Personally and my opinion is reinforced by your justification above is that, this was a tyre categorised by inspectors as type c (damaged), not for distribution through official and legit dealers. There is another category type b (deformed), recomentation here is to be fitted in vehicles belongi to company fleets, for controlled use. Yes I understand  that rases a hole lot of questions, controled use my ars..  excuse my language. Usually they sale those at a reduced price, presenting it as a publicity local campaign. Mark not an official first presentation worldwide campaign,  where tyres are inspected one by one, and let me add for those of you with strong memory it was those first time presented tyres that were quickly discovered  as faulty and oficially recalled two years ago by DUNLOP.
The common practise for type c is deferent unfortunately for us, dictates that is easier to big main importers and their distribution centre to get reed of such a tyre asap, what better than to sale tyre for 20-30 maybe 50 £ for any use, no importer wants to return tyre to brand for the recomented recycling, it's far more easier to sale tyre and delete fm the inventory , making a clear small profit, presenting only a 1£ worth invoice receipt that proves tyre was delivered for recycle to national recycling centre.
Common scam and really serves dealers and storage importers,  brands too since they have less complaints, returns and more important bad publicity to deal with.
All the above make me very selective on tyre fitters chosed,  never buy fm internet and never buy tyres on sale, even if they are fm a respectfully owner and are only older models .
"In two wheels we trust" to parafrace it.
Embrace the wind.