Author Topic: Adnams Brewery,Southwold  (Read 3170 times)

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
Adnams Brewery,Southwold
« on: September 27, 2016, 07:44:18 pm »
Was in Southwold recently and paid a visit to Adnams brewery.
Ended up buying two bottles of their Triple Malt whiskey (one for me and the other a birthday gift) 47 percent proof.
Very nice.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Adnams Brewery,Southwold
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 08:05:25 pm »
I was wondering why you posting this in the Whisky thread Ron, I assumed you had bought two bottles of Broadside and got tipsy.

Who knew Adnams 'brewed' whisky?

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:59:40 pm »
And very nice it was too.
A good excuse for a ride out.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 08:45:16 am »
Have recently been to Adnams and sampled the Whisky, I am no expert at all,  but it was very good. Apparently its was a natural progression for them as they make their own base spirit that they then use to produce their Whisky from.

I suppose to the Whisky drinkers on here the price £47.00 from memory is the norm but that's some wedge for a bottle.
JS

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 10:51:13 am »
Well, yes and no! If I were to drink it like I do their Broadside I would be bankrupt in a fortnight  :o

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 10:56:28 am »
Have recently been to Adnams and sampled the Whisky, I am no expert at all,  but it was very good. Apparently its was a natural progression for them as they make their own base spirit that they then use to produce their Whisky from.

I suppose to the Whisky drinkers on here the price £47.00 from memory is the norm but that's some wedge for a bottle.

£39 per bottle of 47 proof whiskey.
One bottle was a gift to a good friend, the other bottle was an impulse buy for myself, luckily my wife was having a dry month.
It made a nice change from the cheap supermarket stuff.