Welcome to the BMW K1200 K1300 K1600 Forum > Gripes, Bitches and Whinges!

Sefna not charging - AGAIN, again.

(1/3) > >>

Phmode:
Anyone want a paperweight?

Yet another new battery fitted a month or so ago. Now it won't charge again. Again!

Blissful silence whilst getting lost in Wales next week...

I should add that it isn't 'not charging', rather the charging red LED doesn't light and therefore it isn't charging...

Phmode:
SeFna!

Just scoured the internet where 77 trillion folks are bitching about the same issue.

One guy said he plugged it in and hit the reset button for an age and it suddenly burst into life.

Yeah, right. No way...

Stuck a toothpick (I almost used a real pick) in the reset hole for about 30 seconds. Nothing. Nada. Released the reset button and voila, a red LED. This is most definitely a firmware update issue.

So, do I update it and brick it or leave well alone while it is working? Answers on a £10 note as contribution to two tin cans and a mile of stretchy string...

Oh, and next year, when I am complaining about this yet again, can someone remind me to do a reset before I set fire to it

richtea:
Senna?

raesewell:
You should try using it more than once a year, it works wonders.

Matt:
We can compare firmware next week. I use mine semi-regularly and it survived two full 8 hours riding days on my way up to Scotland before I remembered to charge it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version