Welcome to the BMW K1200 K1300 K1600 Forum > Gripes, Bitches and Whinges!

HOT

(1/4) > >>

revd:
Yes, I did not take the linings out.  Reminds me how long it is since I last road in London.

Managed to get into Central London with ease, bike is running fine, did not over heat. Like ChrisCanning I had a warning light come on, fuel range 45 miles and dropping rapidly!  Put 15l in on the way home, bike has the fuel cap mod with extra holes.  Works out at exactly 35mpg for mixed town riding and one motorway blat. 

The bike handles fine in traffic, slow speed throttle is fine if you feather it gently and are smooth.  There was a touch of transmission "lash", but I presume it is all within tolerances, just me not used to a shaft drive.  Felt smooth changing up and down, did some clutchless changes up, blipping on the up change it was snick snick snick smooth as you want.

But yes, it was boil in the bag hot. Goretex is fairly breathable, but I'd rather sit in a sauna for this sweat effect!

Matt:
Aha I always forget for a few trips either side! And now I have an actual mesh summer jacket that's 2 more times I over or under shoot with using or not using that one.

Glad it's behaving nicely.

revd:

And slowly being cleaned up...

richtea:

--- Quote from: revd on September 08, 2020, 02:52:46 pm ---Works out at exactly 35mpg for mixed town riding and one motorway blat. 

--- End quote ---

Wow, those K1200Rs are expensive to run!
Is it the 1200 engine, or maybe the lack of fairing?
Or the revving of the Rev?

I get 48-52 MPG on my K1300S on most rides.

revd:
Mainly urban riding and heavy traffic in London.  I'll find a better picture going to Canterbury and back Saturday. Also going to Pembury near Maidstone tomorrow, so again, more open roads and I'll be good...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version