Author Topic: Cracks in speedo 'glass'  (Read 1283 times)

Andym535

Cracks in speedo 'glass'
« on: May 25, 2019, 07:27:29 pm »
Ive just noticed some cracks in the plastic 'glass' on my speedo. Maybe it's been hit with something, but I can't think what. It was serviced this week, and that included a brake fluid change, but I can't see how the speedo would have been in the way.

Has anyone seen that before? Can you change just the glass or is this an excuse to get one of those 2D LCD dash things. I expect that would cost almost as much as the bike though...

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Cracks in speedo 'glass'
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 11:09:40 am »
Never seen that on any K and if had just been in the stealers I would be very suspicious  >:(

Clumsy mechanic with a bottle of fluid and a spanner in one hand and not paying attention?

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 11:11:50 am »
Never seen that on any K and if had just been in the stealers I would be very suspicious  >:(

Clumsy mechanic with a bottle of fluid and a spanner in one hand and not paying attention?
Same thoughts here, not sure the technician will fess up, but you never know. Go back to the dealer and ask the question.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 11:10:27 pm »
I would go back to the dealer and state the facts. It was not damaged before they had it.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.