Things Bikers Love (or Hate) > Kit Reviews

UPDATE ON: K1300S Motorsport - The Transformation

(1/3) > >>

Andersen166:
Dear everyone!

This post is an update on my latest post: 'K1300S Motorsport - The Transformation'.

As some of you might remember, i left this thread saying, that i would have to wait until i became of age to get my licence, and that i still needed to get my riding gear etc.

This is naturally where i will pick up.

Back in february 2022, in sub-zero conditions, i began on my A licence, for the K1300.

It was great feeling what is was like to ride on the street, it was i bit nippy outside though. Good the learners bikes had heated grips(NOT).

As i took my licence, i started picking out the gear i wanted and needed, and i went with the following:

Jacket: Halvarssons Mora
Pants: Halvarssons Malung
Gloves: Halvarssons Ljusdal
Boots: Daytona Road Star GTX (Used)
Helmet: Schuberth C4 Pro Carbon
Airbag: Helite Turtle 2.

All through february and march i had riding lessons and was finally able to go to my test on 21 March 2022, and i got the license!

I am overall very happy with the gear i got, and if any of you are wondering what its like, i would be happy to provide a review of my gear.

I am now a very happy boy, on a very happy bike, and i will attach a few photos for all of you to enjoy!  ;D

I got the licence:

First fuel-up on Shell V-Power of course:

First evening ride with heated grips on:

First longer ride(200 km with break after 100 km):

The garage i managed to find in the centre of the city where i live with other fellow riders:

Matt:
Hey congratulations Frederik! Glad you've finally got to ride the cleanest K in the world I think :D.

I'm a Halvarssons wearer too so I should say good choice :). Well done on starting off with the Daytona boots! I've been oggling and umming and arring about them (or rather their price) for the last 10 years and several other pairs of boots!

How's law school going?

Costas:
Well done. Ready for long long summer rides

richtea:
Excellent write-up, great photos and of course - Congratulations!

How do you find the Helite, in terms of bulk, weight, comfort, etc?
I keep thinking my next set of leathers should have an airbag - the question is inside or outside...

armstrongracer:
Excellent Frederik, you'll have to watch your licence with a K13 there. I was in Denmark for work last week (Kalundborg and near Frederikssund) and even in a slow hire car I was lucky not to get flashed twice. Not a place for sportsbikes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version