Author Topic: Baterries  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Baterries
« on: March 08, 2015, 02:52:21 pm »
Yesterday we the few remained with K bikes (see crisis in Greece), had a meeting in my place with main topic being the issues with our bikes. We found that we are pretty much covered by what we've been offered from the 4 dealers in and around Attica. Main issue lately is still the rear wheel supporter that had raised worries to all.
Another bugger is the BOSCH (made in Taiwan prod code M6 018) AGM batteries that most of us had to turn last year when we had to choose between the BMW offered for 130 euros and the BOSCH for 75 euros the one we end up choosing. YUASA was left our since we all had pretty much agreed that its crap. Well now BOSH in 4 of 5 bikes is decommissioned, exactly after the 13 months point and after guaranty expiration, (BMW offers two years, but those were not BMW). We called one of the distributors and found that they are now in offer for 45 euros, in our question how so? his replay was: Crap guys, stay away something is wrong with them. Now that to us explains very well the offer.
My recommendation is that if someone has in his immediate plans to change his battery with a BOSCH, better have second thought about doing so.
Now, some might remember that we had tested YUASA, EXCIDE and all other battery brands among with all chargers available in the market, that was done comparing results among 12 riders here from our small site members. In that test, which was concluded last summer and with its results presented in the previews forum we had given very good marks to BOSCH, we are changing those marks and our positive comments completely as we now concluded that maybe something has changed in its production line, and effects us all costly.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:57:45 pm by Costas »
Embrace the wind.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Baterries
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 03:34:17 pm »
It just goes to show, it only takes a few moments of bad decision making to lose the reputation of a lifetime.

Brian (who says 'let's get our site hosted in Taiwan, it's MUCH cheaper'  >:( )

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 04:40:47 pm »
I'll digress for a mo apart from when I toddle off to the BM dealer to have my K serviced. I don't do retail when it comes to anything connected with motorcycles including running a group buy on another website for Odyssey batteries.

2012 we are on the way to Le-Mans to the 24 hour in September bike starts fine at home 130 odd miles down to Sutton Scotney splash and dash bike starts fine and onto the Shell garage by Portsmouth docks fill up press the button and absolutely zilch I'll by pass the drama of not having a torque key to get the cover off just incase it's loose connection.

RAC say they'll be hours!!! So bump start it and ride round the corner to check in roll down to the queue but then I'm told if I can't ride the bike onto the boat under its own steam it's not going!!!! So bump it again.

Following morning wait for all the cars to go and bump it on the deck fires straight away and ride off the boat take an executive with my two mates that I'll  buyone in Le-Mans we are 45 minutes out of St Malo doing 90 I look down no speedo or anything else 30 seconds later the motor just stops and we coast to a halt after much faffing about take the battery off my mates Daytona and it's perfect.

Second mate goes off on a battery hunt BM dealer says 130 Euro :o he says I don't care it's not my money ;D!!!!! comes back 3 hours later I take old battery out again and look at date it's not original so the one going in is the 3rd in 5 years!!! and blimey I have taken some flak ever since having pay 130 euro when I'd normally pay a third of that.
Fast forward to 2015 and I'm not having any nasty suprises so the big bucks BM battery will be replaced with probably a lithium I've had one on another bike as an experiment for a year now and it's been vey good.

Never seen a Bosch battery car or bike.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 05:00:55 pm »
LI-ION is now my battery, and very happy with: the way starter sounds every time I hit the button, the lights illumination that is far better than before and the 6min charging time it needs.
Embrace the wind.