Author Topic: Back on a K  (Read 2117 times)

Offline 28_Ashvale

• Shay Treanor
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200 GT SE
Back on a K
« on: December 14, 2021, 11:23:15 am »
Well it didn't take as long as expected and after having a K12GT, the K13R and despite an itch for a GSA and not really bonding  with the RT I had, it was inevitable I would be back on a K. Pickings are slim here and dont usually last long on the market so when I saw this I knew it would tick all the boxes and this time it will be a long term affair.....

2017 K1600 GT Sport! It has all the creature comforts I could ever want!

But I will add some engine/case bars as well as some tank/pannier pads to keep the paint clean and am currently on the look out for a Nav 6 as I really don't like the blank black space without the nav

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Re: Back on a K
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 11:30:07 am »
That is a nice colour scheme. Well done.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 12:42:35 pm »
It's a thumbs-up from me!

In light of the lack of 1300s think I might be tempted too.

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 01:17:11 pm »
Very nice  :winkthumbs:

Heed (in Poland) do some nice engine bars - I have a black set on mine, good fit and not too obtrusive.

The Nav 6 integrates nicely; Updates the clock, records speed, gear shifts, lean angle etc, and lets you know when you are low on fuel and pops an icon up that will direct you to the nearest garage. And can be controlled from the wonder wheel when you are riding.

Euro4 dumbed the throttle response down on the K16, and a simple Stg1 ECU tune from http://www.cjsracing.co.uk/ brings it back to life, well recommended  ::)

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 01:43:13 pm »
Very nice K1600. They are so smooth and easy, but I was a bit disappointed they aren't as quick as a 1300.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 02:10:02 pm »
Congrats, looks nice! I like substantial bikes :D
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline 28_Ashvale

• Shay Treanor
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200 GT SE
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 02:20:54 pm »
Very nice  :winkthumbs:

Heed (in Poland) do some nice engine bars - I have a black set on mine, good fit and not too obtrusive.

The Nav 6 integrates nicely; Updates the clock, records speed, gear shifts, lean angle etc, and lets you know when you are low on fuel and pops an icon up that will direct you to the nearest garage. And can be controlled from the wonder wheel when you are riding.

Euro4 dumbed the throttle response down on the K16, and a simple Stg1 ECU tune from http://www.cjsracing.co.uk/ brings it back to life, well recommended  ::)

Cheers! yes I was looking at the Basic ones in Black front and rear - I think they will suit the colour of the bike well.  The Nav is next on the list if I can come across one on eBay or in the local classified ads.

So far I have only had 2 quick spins on the bike - the weather and work have not played ball but I have time off over Christmas so will familiarise myself with all the features it has to offer

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 05:02:39 pm »
Very nice K1600. They are so smooth and easy, but I was a bit disappointed they aren't as quick as a 1300.
That would be the extra 100Kg.  :o

I think that's the only downside. And even then, the weight gives you fab stability, I bet.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2021, 06:24:22 pm »
Nice looking bike. Well done  :)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2021, 09:47:43 am »
Excellent colour scheme. Well done.
Embrace the wind.

Offline strokeofgenius

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2022, 10:36:53 am »
That is class lad,you are right you don't see that many of them here.None I have seen were as nice as that,love the colour.Well wear.