Author Topic: NEW ANTI BRAKING SPEED CAMERA'S ( MONEY GENERATORS)  (Read 456 times)

Offline NIBS

• Bubble up rubber down
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R & K1300S (both 2012)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Ilmberger this and AC Schnitzer that.
Prevoius bikes:-Ducati Scrambler 800 Urban Enduro, Aprilia Tuono Factory V41100, VFR800 Fi, K1300S, K1300R, YAMAHA MT10 sp, K1300R, K1200R, GSX1300 Hayabusa GEN1, GSXR1000k3, GSXR750Y2K, YAMAHA EXUP RU,NC30-VFR 400, GSXR600WW, XL600R, Z1B, GPZ1100B1, GPZ900R, GS550, Z1B, Z1A, GT380, GT185, FS1E.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Re: NEW ANTI BRAKING SPEED CAMERA'S ( MONEY GENERATORS)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 08:54:44 am »
Like all of these things, the devil is in the detail. What is meant by "braking" in this situation? A simple reduction in speed or a stand it on its nose emergency stop? I suspect that the formar will be OK but the latter will be pictured and reported. Where the line between the two falls will be key.

Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 11:55:19 am »
I predict a lot of google searches with the term "how to disable brake light on a <car name>". :/

Oh wait,

The technology, which has been branded as “cascading”, can detect speeds over considerable distances with a mobile scanner placed after a fixed radar.

So it gets one after the brake slamming? So I can lift the rear wheel then just carry on at the limit until a bend? The rest of the article suggests it captures the slow-down too. But then the image appears to show a uni-directional camera facing the highway (ie the other side is facing away from the highway).

Oh oh oh wait wait wait. I forget MSN is an aggregator. This article it appears is from GB News. Let's wait until until it's on real news. Also, I reserve the right to change this topic to lower case because I've got mom staying at the moment and she doesn't like shouting.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 12:00:53 pm »
> Experts are warning drivers...
and
> Gary Digva, founder of Road Angel, warned that drivers in the UK could soon see the new anti-braking systems used across the nation to control speeding.

Gary has something to sell you, so any publicity is good publicity:
https://www.roadangelgroup.com/

Don't believe everything you read. Not even this.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 12:33:37 pm »
And we all know that excessive speed rarely kills. It is the lack of brain cell engagement that causes accidents, acts of god notwithstanding. And swapping all speed cameras for average speed ones will make trillions in revenue and probably be cheaper.

But sure, let's move quickly along to the next stage where your car rats on you to the authorities who instantly make it fine you before it will even start again. I don't know why any vehicle sold in the UK is even allowed to be capable of exceeding 70mph and that would solve most of the 'problems'.

Dealers in Herefordshire (car, not drug) seem to limit all vehicles sold here to about 35mph anyway.

As for Road Angel, what does he think peeps do when it warns them of a speed camera ahead?

So, the next game will be approaching one of these cameras at the posted speed limit, stand it on its nose and watch the camera burst into flames as it tries to compute what the offence was.