Author Topic: 2013 K1300s Sport -New Owner Revive/Enhance/Protect Project  (Read 10284 times)

Offline Forcefield

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2013 K1300s Sport
Re: 2013 K1300s Sport -New Owner Revive/Enhance/Protect Project
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2024, 10:00:20 pm »
Can someone help me with why my photos are not displaying? are they displaying ok for you?

Everyone else's photos are fine for me. Yesterday they would not display on mobile phone but ok on laptop. Now I've logged into the laptop and its the same there :-\

EDIT/UPDATE-  I tried logging into chrome with a different account and I could see the photos fine. I then tried with another 2 accounts and no photos displayed. Very strange. Frustrating thing is, the account I use to access this forum is not displaying my photos.

2nd update- I setup and used imgbb as recommended below, and everything works fine. Its much easier than google drive process also!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 09:21:33 pm by Forcefield »

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2024, 08:55:12 am »
Just use imgbb, it's so much easier to link to actual traditional image files!

https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=2500.0
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2024, 08:19:41 pm »
Can someone help me with why my photos are not displaying? are they displaying ok for you?

Everyone else's photos are fine for me. Yesterday they would not display on mobile phone but ok on laptop. Now I've logged into the laptop and its the same there :-\

EDIT/UPDATE-  I tried logging into chrome with a different account and I could see the photos fine. I then tried with another 2 accounts and no photos displayed. Very strange. Frustrating thing is, the account I use to access this forum is not displaying my photos.

Something has changed at Google's end - it's not working for my (Google) images either.
A right-click -> 'open in new tab' shows the image though.

Or just paste the link for the moment, like so:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1P06TBLpva_x_yuSfnOaiMNCir2eEgrG1
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 08:21:31 pm by richtea »

Offline Forcefield

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2024, 11:26:10 pm »
Hi All,

So today I took the tank panels off  for polishing/ cleaning underneath and some of the black plastics for coating with C4.

I dropped the battery cover screw down behind the battery, deep into a crevice and had to use super glue and piping to get it out. Took 2 hrs!  :-[

Also this fixing randomly fell off on its own while attempting to remove the black plastic air intakes from the top fairing   :o

Can anyone shed any light onto how its ment to attach? nothing snapped, it just dropped out on its own..

Heres where it goes- 

I managed to kinda get it back on, and the plastic trip lines up with the hole, but it doesnt seem right compared to the other side-

Decided to stop for the night while I was ... erm... ahead?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 11:50:45 pm by Forcefield »

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2024, 09:14:23 pm »
I also had one break off, but it was still screwed on to the trim (it's for the holding the side trim that runs alonsgide the 'tank' and fairing). The trim is bascially just filling a hole.

These things:
https://www.motocomposites.com/products/matte-plain-fairing-dash-panels-in-100-carbon-fiber-for-bmw-k1300s.html

I glued it back on - nice and tidy at the correct angle compared to the other side  - and it broke straight off again after the next ride. Hey ho I thought, it doesn't actually matter since the plastic stays pretty well in place anyway and only moves if you press it.

I took the bike in for a service in the autumn, and when it came back it was fixed. Oooooooo! I've never had a garage fix something and not tell me. So credit to NOG for that silent but sweet fix. I still haven't dared take it apart to look.

Offline Forcefield

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2024, 10:52:41 pm »
I also had one break off, but it was still screwed on to the trim (it's for the holding the side trim that runs alonsgide the 'tank' and fairing). The trim is bascially just filling a hole.

These things:
https://www.motocomposites.com/products/matte-plain-fairing-dash-panels-in-100-carbon-fiber-for-bmw-k1300s.html

I glued it back on - nice and tidy at the correct angle compared to the other side  - and it broke straight off again after the next ride. Hey ho I thought, it doesn't actually matter since the plastic stays pretty well in place anyway and only moves if you press it.

I took the bike in for a service in the autumn, and when it came back it was fixed. Oooooooo! I've never had a garage fix something and not tell me. So credit to NOG for that silent but sweet fix. I still haven't dared take it apart to look.

Thanks for sharing! I'm thinking it was previously glued/repaired also. I'l glue it back on and  hope it lasts.

I wonder what glue would work best?

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300 Dynamic
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Autocom, BSD remap, 170 at the wheel. SC project can with baffle removed.Lust 25mm lowering plates
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2024, 08:33:51 am »
Ritchie, I did quite a few repairs with a product called Plastex on my lads GSXR’s fairings . I was very impressed with it.

Regards. Mick
No problems only Solutions

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2024, 09:00:39 am »
Over the years I’ve found theirs glueing….and then theirs really glueing the basic stuff come out of a tube and then the serious come out of a gun that needs heat.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2024, 12:18:39 pm »
I'll give another plug for Milliput two part epoxy putty. In Black of course, but other colours are available. I managed to disassemble the black plastic 'toolbox' on my Honda by repeatedly bashing hard bits of Yorkshire with it.

Some roughing up with a bit of sandpaper and then epoxying it in place, it is not only better than new but feels like it will never come off. And being black epoxy on black plastic means it is an invisible repair. If there is room to put a small fillet behind the tab then even better.

Offline Forcefield

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2024, 09:20:12 pm »
Thanks for the sticky stuff recommendations! Not had much time last few days to do anything, but heres the progress from Saturday-

Weather was pretty good so got it out into natural light and without the screen and tank panels on, got a deeper clean into the nooks and crannies and up into the front suspension I was only using soft detailing brushes and microfibres, but am going to gat something a bit more abrasive on that sprig to take that crud off

Headlight, front fairing and frame got a machine polish and  polymer coating

I couldn't find a T50 torx so the rear wheel got a machine polish in place and a high temp alloy wheel wax applied

Had enough of that front wheel chock, so ordered a proper front stand from Motorworks, but its going to take 2 weeks to arrive so the front wheel will have to wait till then,-

https://www.motorworks.co.uk/front-assembly-stand-aca02039-2.html

Oh and I started on the black trim. If you've never heard of or used Gtechnic C4 before, I can recommend it enough. I should have took a before and after, and will on the other bits, but the difference it makes is really amazing. and even better it lasts for up to 2 years! I did the full lower belly pan section and it looks like an entirely new panel!

Just need to treat a few more trim panels, coat the engine etc in acf50, polish/wax the front wheel, assemble panels, and then its onto some of the other more practical/mechanical upgrades/servicing!

Ive still not dissasembled/greased the rear suspension bearing. Been reading the other threads and my rear paddock stand wont allow it? :(

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 11:06:01 pm by Forcefield »

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2024, 07:34:16 am »
You went the imgbb route then  :winkthumbs:

Offline Grumpy jase

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300S
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2024, 09:01:07 am »
It is looking really good.  From someone who can only just summon the enthusiasm to rub mine over with a wet sponge every couple of months, I don't know how you have such determination.  Seeing it come together though must make it easier, and I'm starting to feel a little inspired. 
Being grumpy makes me happy

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2024, 09:23:47 am »
It is looking really good.  From someone who can only just summon the enthusiasm to rub mine over with a wet sponge every couple of months, I don't know how you have such determination.  Seeing it come together though must make it easier, and I'm starting to feel a little inspired.

:download:

I have to agree 100% with this though also feeling a little guilty at not looking after mine quite as intensely!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Forcefield

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2024, 01:42:23 pm »
Haha, I actually quite enjoy the process. And its good knowing I'm future proofing the bike. It also makes cleaning it so much easier moving forward. The right products really help too. Im happy to share a list of what I use. if your going to make this much effort then its better to use protective coatings that last for months rather than weeks. Im not a fan of lathering the whole bike in acf-50, and will keep that for just the mechanical parts.

Offline Forcefield

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2024, 02:07:44 pm »
Its shocking how limited/discontinued parts are for this bike!

Been trying to find the best footrest lowering kit for my lanky legs. Im 6ft 3inch on a good day.  :afro:

Im down to these options-

1. MandP- £89
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142419681672?hash=item2128dfe188:g:SsEAAOSwvflZR~41&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0JtREFTUsPXPwSV9JS8FAi8DLMvAE7Mpw%2BH3N66vsFrQsnn4CjEyfC0C3U4bQmSxkkaQT10sHhhAai00HzO7IKjU%2F1Lv7qKcUF9Xov5nLq2lSPDCk%2FIXV1E6ypJwtBm6rGdMpFxz%2BXwQfTyFd8kQgVnIzM8ZTFev7Iq6Yc9DicuWpZ7oJ4vQE3WZQ4TyB7EK6kJ5%2FZz%2FUCRKCZDDWxgXEh8da0qiEVeLfRdpfmMQ1ygwCbYrkTfYPwmrywKzMUwTwWTC7HF2KrYeYt%2B8lNxbrGk%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR7KM1PmiYw

The price of these is pretty good and I believe 50mm is the max Im going to get anywhere? they also do a 30mm and 23mm.

2.Hornig- £150
They say on their site that 50mm is not recommended for the driver. Is this due to the relation with the gears/brake lever?  The max they then supply is 30mm . I do like the look of the super grip footrests though for longer journeys-

https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/BMW-K-1300-S/Alu-High-grade-Steel/Vario-Plate-Adapter.html
https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/BMW-K-1300-R/Alu-High-grade-Steel/Driver-Vario-Footrest-System.html
https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/BMW-K-1300-R/Alu-High-grade-Steel/Super-Grip-Footrest.html

Shinobi- £70
These ones are 40mm, and a really great price. Might be worth a try?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234632284115?_trkparms=ni_actn%3Anav%7Cni_nt%3ASellerInitiatedOffer%7Cni_apos%3A2%7Cni_sg%3A1%7Cni_pos%3A2%7Cni_st%3AREAD%7Cni_wh%3A1%7Cni_nid%3A658062879962%7Cni_nsid%3A234632284115%7Cni_et%3A1705878129760%7Cni_bn%3A1&_trksid=p2380424.m570.l5997&ul_noapp=true

At the end of the day, Il pay whatever the price is for the right part. I just want to be comfortable, and even though Ive only riden the bike 3 times so far, it was very obvious that the standard pegs were way to high for me so Im wanting the maximum possible adjustment.

Any one got any of the above fitted that can help advise?