Author Topic: K1200S recall update  (Read 1421 times)

Offline marcus

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
K1200S recall update
« on: January 13, 2021, 08:43:24 pm »
Finaly, got the big silver bus back today, from John Clark BMW Dundee, they have had the bike for just short of 3 months, doing recall work on the cam chain guide, rear hub plate install, and the replacement, fuel pump. Looks like BMW still having problems with the supply of replacement fuel pumps, during these difficult times, as the clutch was shot I supplyed them with  new clutch plates , as they only supply complete  clutch kits at around £700, no thanks,  and hopefully out on the road for some fun soon , ........ there again maybe not !

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: K1200S recall update
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 12:14:32 pm »
Glad it's ack. 3 months is an outrage.

Offline marcus

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 08:50:41 am »
Just a bit...... I was told by technical team that most of the new fuel pumps are going to the USA,  1st, but I agree recall work should not go ahead unless they actually have the replacement parts in stock,  just as well it done in the winter.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 06:24:08 pm »
Not most all are going to USA. The issue with us in the rest of the world would not be addressed at this time.
It is understand that each dealer and each customer complain for himself, and might just might get the part.
Embrace the wind.