Author Topic: K1200S  (Read 135028 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1200S
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2018, 08:22:46 pm »
Dunno about the flying cars but 1984 is on its way although slightly late

https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/new-dash-cam-evidence-website-launched-for-police-forces/

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2018, 09:26:57 pm »
They are gonna be swamped with eejits round here complaining about me doing 45 in a 50 and 'overtaking like a lunatic'  ::)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #257 on: July 13, 2018, 02:40:27 pm »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #258 on: July 13, 2018, 05:21:09 pm »
We need more of a clue to where...

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #259 on: July 13, 2018, 07:15:42 pm »
This is so great to see!

I'm always feeling a bit worried about longevity whenever I visit BMW (today it was front suspension bushes, but not coming out or something so some new surrounding part or parts and goodwill plus warranty) but this makes me want to keep the bike for ever, and actually think I stand a chance!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2018, 07:54:43 pm »
We need more of a clue to where...

Well its either Holland or Falmouth. Hint: Cornwall is quite hilly

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 13, 2018, 09:31:58 pm »
This is so great to see!

I'm always feeling a bit worried about longevity whenever I visit BMW (today it was front suspension bushes, but not coming out or something so some new surrounding part or parts and goodwill plus warranty) but this makes me want to keep the bike for ever, and actually think I stand a chance!

So that will be new front wheel carrier then (front forks to you and me); £400 8 years ago. It's either:

a) because they didn't heat the wheel carrier to 100 deg C before removing the ball joints and stripped the aluminium threads while taking out the steel joint carrier,

OR

b) because they did heat the wheel carrier to 100 deg C before removing the ball joints and stripped the aluminium threads while taking out the steel joint carrier, take your pick.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2018, 09:43:31 am »
We'll that's the second new front wheel carrier on this one now!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 18, 2018, 06:07:55 pm »
One of the Dutch guys at work has given me a TomTom Go mobile program which I have loaded on my phone and having purchased an SD card now have downloaded the whole of western Europe in my phone. Awesome on paper, well on the phone, to have so much information in just in a handset. Still to see how I get on with it on the road. Have a weekend in Holland coming up so may go exploring. Requests for pics on a postcard to the usual address

Popped about 250cc of liquid gold (otherwise known as oil in a bottle with a BMW sticker on it) in last night. No oil light on but the sight pipe showed it was at the low end. Smoothed things out a bit or maybe its my imagination. Only the second time I have put oil in between services but I guess the constant high speed running in the hot weather has evaporated some.

Starting to wonder if I have used up my clutch as there seems to be a switch fitted to the left bar now with about 5mm between on and off, the lever is coming right back nearly to the bar.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2018, 11:23:57 pm »
That clutch sounds expensive mate  :-\

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2018, 07:16:35 pm »
Changing my gear change technique to suit. That extra drop of oil and cooler weather is making it run sweet as  ;D
The nice lady at tomtom has started talking to me as well
Life could be worse

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2018, 08:00:06 pm »
 :D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2018, 09:58:37 pm »
I found that the 12 responded very well to clutchless up-shifts.

Not so well to clutchless down-shifts until you become an expert at heelin an toein   ;D

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 23, 2018, 06:00:14 pm »
So this is the exciting kind of stuff I do on Saturday mornings.
Check the bin just for you guys (and avoid the thunderbox which is kind of ripe in this weather, Dutch site welfare standards are not what they are in the UK)

The site is nearly 4m below sea level so its very sandy, and more like the beach when its this dry

Bit of lift and shift going on

I moved into a room in a shared flat this weekend so stayed over. After going back and doing the domestics we went out for a bit to eat and drink

The black door is the entrance to Anne franks house

And then when you realise you survived being on the lash until 4am and don't have a hangover you stick "winding route" into your new Tom Tom app and go for a very slow ride to Arnhem. Have no idea where I went but I averaged about 35, didn't hit any of the thousands of cyclists, didn't fall off 2 ferries, found a hill, had a very cold beer and hot Schnitzel and eventually got to see the bridge that replaced the one Market Garden tried to save but then we bombed the crap out of it anyway.

I think there are some decent roads to be had down in the SE of the country, Arnhem - Appledorn kind of area, with a bit of luck will be able to find some before the summer runs out.

Does any of the IT experts out there know why I can get a "medium" BB code when I upload pictures, but can only get "full size" or "thumbnail" thereafter?

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2018, 07:27:36 pm »
Came out of the office tonight in air conditioned cooled leathers and almost chewed the air. The bike thermometer said 23c but the temp guage had one block up before I started the engine. Really only 23? A mile later it snapped to 36.5C. Radiator is really struggling.