Author Topic: K1200S  (Read 135048 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1200S
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2018, 08:15:54 pm »
Well spotted, but unfortunately the last of the Christmas money and what I didn't spend on the 535d insurance and tax because I sold it has just gone on (after reading all the comments on here) an MRA Vario touring screen in an attempt to get the salty crap blown over my head, and a new pair of Daytona Road Stars to keep the water out of my feet after my 5 years old and something around 75000 mile including saving my feet in a collision Daytona Gators starting letting in water. Oh and a new Arai visor after the last one got trashed in about 3 months. Reminds me the Arai is 5 years old now so will need replacing too, and I was thinking of a set of textiles, oh and the thumb screen wipe is coming unstitched on those Merlin gloves so that'll be another set soon. Retirement? Hah thought I couldn't stop till the mortgage was paid but ....

gibbo

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2018, 09:45:26 am »
Well spotted, but unfortunately the last of the Christmas money and what I didn't spend on the 535d insurance and tax because I sold it has just gone on (after reading all the comments on here) an MRA Vario touring screen in an attempt to get the salty crap blown over my head, and a new pair of Daytona Road Stars to keep the water out of my feet after my 5 years old and something around 75000 mile including saving my feet in a collision Daytona Gators starting letting in water. Oh and a new Arai visor after the last one got trashed in about 3 months. Reminds me the Arai is 5 years old now so will need replacing too, and I was thinking of a set of textiles, oh and the thumb screen wipe is coming unstitched on those Merlin gloves so that'll be another set soon. Retirement? Hah thought I couldn't stop till the mortgage was paid but ....

Ah yes, the good old thumb screen wipe. Who's great idea was that I wonder. I sliced mine off with a Stanley knife as it kept flicking on the hazards. Useless!   :-\

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2018, 01:33:53 pm »
Never managed to catch the screenwipe myself, and its kept me seeing where I'm going the last few months
Anyway, 76002 on a bleak M40 at Banbury this morning. I realized the funny colour in my mirrors was blue sky behind me, its a funny sensation riding in daylight, and eventually on the streaming wet and spray bound roads South of Newbury, the sun came out. Roll on Spring

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2018, 02:31:05 pm »
You should have turned round when you saw the blue sky behind you...

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2018, 02:43:22 pm »
I nearly did, but I have to earn enough to pay for all these gizmos

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2018, 09:29:17 pm »
Whilst returning from a blip over to Essex for work I decided to take the south side of the m25, not to enjoy the miles of obligatory filtering but so I could go and look at motolegends near Guildford. Spent couple of hours with very helpful staff and got to £2500 of stuff. Of course you can do this interest free over 3 year etc.  Now having a lie down and trying to decide what I really need. Regardless of what I actually buy I now know my size in various clothing and things, and my head is shoei shaped not Schuberth, and my daytonas are beyond repair. Definitely worth the visit.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2018, 09:39:44 am »
The lengths some folks go to, the M bloody 25. Mind, they have a cracking reputation and are very good to deal with in person as well as on the interweb thingy.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2018, 12:03:12 am »
Christmas finally arrived

Oh and my visor boots and screen #unwrappingfrenzy

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2018, 03:04:37 pm »
We expect a cartoon a week for the next whatever... ;D

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2018, 03:39:10 pm »
There's about 450, we could be here a while

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2018, 04:05:24 pm »
Quite a rare book. V nice.
I went to try and buy one - it's not obvious how, since they've sold out.
I think they're printing 'standard' edition.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2018, 07:27:19 pm »
Baptism of fire for new boots and screen today, 378 miles. Except it didn't really rain, just a smattering in London. Roads still covered in crap mind

Still fiddling with best position. Bigger screen definitely make a difference, but its noisy. Tried the aerofoil in every position but not sure of best compromise. It was also very windy today which made it a little more difficult to judge

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2018, 08:26:58 pm »
I’m sure someone here said they use the aerofoil ‘upside down ‘....
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2018, 08:30:28 pm »
I was about to say...

Don't know if it was the same screen though.

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2018, 08:33:31 pm »
Pretty sure  it was this MRA screen - given the curvature upside down would be feasible but not inside out!
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!