Author Topic: K1300S MotorSport Front Wheel  (Read 3349 times)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
K1300S MotorSport Front Wheel
« on: September 23, 2019, 02:27:34 pm »

Used but in good condition. Low miles. No disks or tyre but includes bearings.

£350

Collection preferred (includes coffee and a biscuit) but can post - postage costs not included in price.

PM me if you want to know more.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Re: K1300S MotorSport Front Wheel
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 09:26:41 am »

Used but in good condition. Low miles. No disks or tyre but includes bearings.

£350

Collection preferred (includes coffee and a biscuit) but can post - postage costs not included in price.

PM me if you want to know more.

I'm now having a serious tidy out of my shed and this wheel is going. If it doesn't sell here it's going on ebay.

Now £225 for anyone on here. PM me if you're interested.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 07:56:46 pm »
If that's the forged one it's a bargain. I don't need it, I just thought I'd tell the rest of the world to encourage them!

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 09:36:35 pm »
Yes, it's the forged one.

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 11:00:36 am »
Given my history of bent front wheels (3 to date on the k12) very tempted. Does anyone know if bent forged wheels can be straightened?

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 11:18:43 am »
Motoliner will be able to answer that for you Martin.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 01:05:17 pm »
Think the question is ‘Has anyone bent a forged wheel’ as opposed to the cast rubbish.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 01:19:16 pm »
As ever, it depends on the size of the ding, but yes, forged wheels can be straightened. 

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 02:00:03 pm »
Martin

For 225 quid i’d Have ripped the mans arm off compared too the cast junk they fit as stock,i’ve seen litrrally 100’s of bent front wheels,but they have all been cast,so the odds of you bending that forged and being alive to tell the tale are very low  :)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 04:28:44 pm »
Speak to Motoliner- they straightened one of mine.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 04:58:43 pm »

And mine (std wheel). I did the ride in, wait 3-4 hours (to let the paint dry), ride out. V impressive service.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2020, 05:57:11 pm »

If you are talking forged then I wouldn’t buy it,no better than cast and it won’t match the front.

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 11:50:47 pm »
The turn into bends is subtly quicker / easier with the lighter forged wheels.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 09:20:09 am »

If you are talking forged then I wouldn’t buy it,no better than cast and it won’t match the front.

If you have a non-MotorSport K1300S then it depends how much you value function over form. The forged wheels are definitely better to ride on and the most influential is the front wheel.

If I had a K1300S I'd be tempted to buy the wheel and fit it. Id' then get the benefit of the better front wheel. If (when?) the wheel gets bent on a "now standard issue for every road" pothole I could either get it fixed if it's cheap enough or bin it. The financial loss only being slightly more than the cost of a repair and the original wheel would mean the hassle-factor would be pretty low.

When it came to selling the bike I'd return the original wheel to the bike and sell the forged wheel separately for no less (probably more) than I paid for it. The only down side in all of that is riding a bike with mismatched wheels.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2020, 04:25:25 pm »
Front wheels are relatively easy fix. The rear ones are a nightmare suffering fm metall memory effect, a very dangerous situation. .
Embrace the wind.