Author Topic: K1200S  (Read 136240 times)

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1200S
« Reply #690 on: August 07, 2020, 11:53:09 am »
Something I have been moaning about for a while. Apparently a German driver is facing a ban after crashing and the court decided the display was equivalent to using a mobile phone

https://www.iamroadsmart.com/campaign-pages/end-customer-campaigns/infotainment

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #691 on: August 07, 2020, 10:18:54 pm »
I reckon using a hands-free mobile is not much different to chatting to a passenger in a car or shouting at the kids in the back.

Infotainment systems are simply lethal!

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #692 on: August 08, 2020, 09:41:03 am »
Something I have been moaning about for a while. Apparently a German driver is facing a ban after crashing and the court decided the display was equivalent to using a mobile phone

https://www.iamroadsmart.com/campaign-pages/end-customer-campaigns/infotainment

Even the SpaceX pod has a wrist rest because they realised it's impossible to accurately use a touch screen whilst bopping about or even when not bopping about, given the bopping is quite a short and auto-piloted period.

But even that in the cars isn't right. Until we have dynamic textured screens this stuff is dangerous. Every Tesla I've been in i marvel at how stupid a design that screen is. Never mind the OCD drivers crashing whilst hysterically trying to remove the finger prints!

"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #693 on: August 13, 2020, 03:30:15 pm »
Not sure what was going on last evening / night because I went out for a run which turned into 200 miles of fun on almost empty dry roads in hot sunshine. Everyone else seemed to have somewhere else to be. I found some new good roads and revisited a few others, and bagged Bodmin moor, Dartmoor and Exmoor with great views. Every now and again you get lucky I suppose. As opposed to another run I went on a couple of weeks ago which has been commemorated with a special letter from the Devon and Cornwall boys in blue. Obviously they took some time out from dealing with the 25% increase on crime figures and 999 calls to brush up on their photography skills. And my licence (which I had just cut in half and sent off for its 10 year update) had just achieved the almost forgotten status of nil pwan. Good days bad days

On bodmin moor baht at
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 03:58:45 pm by fjtwelve »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #694 on: August 13, 2020, 08:38:12 pm »
Why didn't your sat nav squawk at you to tell you there was a notified camera site coming up?

Lemme guess...oh, that's right, you use maps  8)

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 13, 2020, 08:40:37 pm »
Sat navs dont mark bike coppers with a camera in a lay by afaik...

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 13, 2020, 09:17:02 pm »
Well, that depends on if it was a notified site and lots of lay-by's are. It's true that coppers can set up anywhere unlike camera vans.

I guess you were just unlucky that our one bike cop just happened to be in your county that day   ::)

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 13, 2020, 09:28:20 pm »
Will be up your way next weds/thurs if you have the kettle on

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 13, 2020, 09:32:48 pm »
Cartainly will have. As a general rule, if it is day or night, weekday or weekend and warm or cool then the kettle will be on. Simples!

Lemme know when and I won't eat all the biscuits  8)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 13, 2020, 09:35:26 pm »
Oh, and be warned, between last Friday evening and Monday midday, some idiot managed to transform the whole of Ledbury town into a 20mph zone.

I'm just saying, it being new and with your propensity for attracting the wrong arm of the law  :D

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #700 on: August 15, 2020, 08:58:33 am »
Sindered is a huge (colosal) mistake on this bike . And as I remember you're a fast rider.
The battery issue on the other hand cannot understand when the symptom occur , with new battery after starting engine and after 20 miles? Or immediately empties the battery after 2  miles and stalls ?   
Embrace the wind.

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 15, 2020, 11:55:30 am »
I recall you saying that about sintered pads before but that is what was recommended by the brembo supplier when I replaced the discs. My dealer had put BMW pads in at service  without asking and there was a marked deterioration in performance.  Now on back on the sintered I'm getting more bite and the discs have cleaned up.
As for being a fast rider well we will find that out next month on the group run. Just  because I get caught more often doesn't make fast unfortunately...

A new battery has fixed the problem now.

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 26, 2020, 07:21:26 pm »
99,000 up somewhere less than scenic between Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 26, 2020, 09:05:22 pm »
Jeepers! Are you taking the 12 on the Wrinklies or the 13?

Talking of which, I suppose you are spending the Sunday night in Shropshire. Either way, fancy meeting up for the rest of the journey to the frozen Lakes?

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 26, 2020, 09:20:44 pm »
Planning to take the 12 and with a bit of pottering this week should see 100k somewhere on the wrinklies. Should have been on it up to Shropshire last week  but was persuaded to take the q5 in light of the weather forecast. Which was wrong.
Have not decided whether to break journey to wigton. Probably weather dependent. Will let you know.