Author Topic: K1200S  (Read 136181 times)

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1200S
« Reply #555 on: October 29, 2019, 08:35:09 pm »
Its not true, I didn't fall in the canal

Sorry about the long break but stuff has been happening. The extended wet the grandbabys head celebrations that merged into birthday celebrations that merged into other peoples leaving dos that sloshed into my retirement dos all took their toll.

I finally pulled the pin on 4th October and rode back home on the 5th. 94000 came up on the way back

We have been pottering about for a few weeks

I much preferred Lands End in the early 80s when I was on a 4 points run and all that was here was this little hut with a jobbing artist inside, none of the tat that's there now. Anyway I then spent 2 weeks fighting Microsoft into submission and now have something similar to what I had at work , the only remaining problem being a 47GB pst file on Onedrive that loaded up fine but won't download, answers on a postcard to this address. Anyway as light relief from that I noticed there was a 50% off sale at Ocean last Saturday and legged it down the road to get some new waterproofs. Well the jacket was OK but as I'm still a fat bastard (retirement target #1 is lose a pound a week for the next year) they had no trousers my size.  So I bought the jacket and persuaded him to sell me a pair of trousers that weren't in the sale half price as well. There was a slight catch in that I had to buy this as well

I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time and could raid the pension fund for cash, I think he could have sold it half a dozen times since Saturday. Its a 16 plate with 10k on the clock. Very clean, 2 years warranty etc. So I'll have to potter about here until next Saturday when I get my hands on it. Mind you there's a very big swell running on a Spring tide with a howling easterly behind it and its raining for 2 days so it doesn't look like this right now

So the K12 is up for sale, you can also get the Akrapovic, the original exhaust, the 2 spare wheels, the two fairing side panels that need painted if you are going to use them. Make me an offer I can't refuse. Otherwise I'll return it to standard and sell the rest separately. Meantime I'll get it fettled and run it for winter and keep the K13 tucked away for the better days. I have a London trip in about 3 weeks which will be a useful run in trip

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #556 on: October 29, 2019, 10:49:22 pm »
Fabulous, and congratulations on many accounts!  8)
And a fine fine bike - you landed that one nicely.

Will be interested to hear your K1200 v K1300 thoughts.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #557 on: October 30, 2019, 10:09:45 am »
Congratulations on the trousers! :D

Also, we're all going to be riding the same colour bike soon, may as well come to terms and sort out a 100 bike photoshoot!

Huge pst on OneDrive hmm... when you say it won't download, do you mean right click -> download or via the desktop 'app' when you ask it to sync things locally? That's about as much as I got, i.e. two ways to try and get it local. Otherwise I say retire... oh wait! :P
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #558 on: October 30, 2019, 10:12:54 am »
It wont sync in the onedrive app. I'll try a separate download and see what happens

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #559 on: October 30, 2019, 11:23:10 am »
It's at times like this that I wish we had membership fees Martin, because I would love to award you a lifetime's free membership for your bloody-minded persistence in doggedly stalking the mileage increments on the K12 and posting them up for one and all to marvel at. Well done. Just a pity we never got to the BIG ONE!

I like the discount arrangement on the trousers, looks nice. Shame it has no Sport Cases! Or are you riding naked now that paid employment has ceased?

As far as the weight loss regime is concerned, I can highly recommend the 5-2 diet/Fast Diet/whatever the latest name is.

Easy peasy and I managed 1Kg a week, 3 stone all in before I levelled out. Course, it doesn't work for everyone but it is well worth the try.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 30, 2019, 11:31:05 am »
Best wishes in your retirement Martin.

The Motorsport should give you lots of fun. Especially using the quickshifter on overtakes.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Bruno

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 30, 2019, 11:40:50 am »
Looks good Martin.  Enjoy it, and of course your retirement.
If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

Steven Wright

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 30, 2019, 12:18:02 pm »
Just a pity we never got to the BIG ONE!

I like the discount arrangement on the trousers, looks nice. Shame it has no Sport Cases! Or are you riding naked now that paid employment has ceased[/i]

The big one? Hmm let's see how long it takes to sell it....

Sports cases? Still thinking about it. Looked at Kriega the other day but felt I preferred the bigger stuff space of the bmw soft bag, which I intend to replace

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #563 on: October 30, 2019, 02:59:06 pm »
Congratulations Martin on the retirement just don’t go thinking you’ll have heaps of time on your hands we are 10 months in and have had to buy a diary to fill in so we remember what we have Organised life is that busy Barnstable tomorrow via James Sherlock  :)

Re the 1200 i’d Be keeping it with currently 6 bikes I find the thought of just the one restricting at best aided by the fact the end can on yours probably has more value than the rest of the bike it’ll be just the job in bad weather no point in ruining a good’un.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #564 on: October 30, 2019, 07:05:58 pm »
Congrats on retirement and the new bike. They should complement each other really well! :D
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

gibbo

« Reply #565 on: October 31, 2019, 10:01:41 am »
Please keep the 12 until you have the 100K up. You may be the only one who will ever achieve this feat.  :)

Oh! And congrats on your retirement and the new to you Motorsport.

Did they ever make 100+ Motorsports as Matt would like? Terrific photo if they did.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 31, 2019, 03:10:38 pm »
Ok my assumptions being this:

1. They only made Motorsport editions in 2015 and 2016

Which is probably not true, howmanyleft.co.uk says:

2015: 193 new registrations
2016: 105 new registrations

Now every bike from 2015 on Autotrader is a Motorsport so maybe my ill-thought-out assumptions hold some water! :D

So yeah, we could do it!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #567 on: October 31, 2019, 03:27:05 pm »
Ok my assumptions being this:

1. They only made Motorsport editions in 2015 and 2016

Which is probably not true, howmanyleft.co.uk says:

2015: 193 new registrations
2016: 105 new registrations

Now every bike from 2015 on Autotrader is a Motorsport so maybe my ill-thought-out assumptions hold some water! :D

So yeah, we could do it!

I'm not sure what the "assumption" is/was but I can say that when, in Sept'15, I was confirming the order for my MotorSport there were only 2 other K1300Ss in the BMW system. Both were Black Sports and a friend of mine got one of them. My understanding was that it was only MotorSports after that and that those with 16 plates were from an extra batch BMW UK managed to "acquire" that were originally destined for elsewhere in Europe.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 31, 2019, 04:34:25 pm »
Sorry, badly worded. My assumption was that the only model made in those years was the Motorsport. But reading your post it sounds like there were normal ones too.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 31, 2019, 05:30:05 pm »
Sorry, badly worded. My assumption was that the only model made in those years was the Motorsport. But reading your post it sounds like there were normal ones too.

Very very few, though. I looked hard for 2015/6 normal colour bikes when I was buying. I probably saw 1 for every 10 Motorsports. Hence my multicoloured purchase in the end.