Author Topic: K1200S  (Read 136237 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: K1200S
« Reply #375 on: December 30, 2018, 10:56:30 am »
Read my cautionary tale above about the perils of buying second-hand... :(

And it came from a German breaker, not a private seller who had bought new and was selling off his test failure...

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #376 on: December 30, 2018, 07:19:39 pm »
It was the £600 new that stuck in my mind when I replied. Sorry Brian!
Motorworks would be a reliable source at a halfway price:

https://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/Parts.php?T=4&NU=10&M=50&Ct=IA

Part-ex the existing ones for them to fix, maybe?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #377 on: December 31, 2018, 11:34:50 pm »
I agree. At least with Motoworks you can have a moan and get your money back... :o

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #378 on: January 01, 2019, 12:23:27 am »
Found a full akrapovic system online and can't not think about it. Euro slush fund in serious peril. Took a run out today and wandered around Ocean Plymouth.  Far too much temptation.  Interestingly the massive poster on the wall outside is of 2 k1300s chasing along the road. None for sale inside like....Happy New year by the way

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 01, 2019, 10:54:54 am »
Listen up dumb-ass...

Go back to Ocean and buy the poster, take it home and paste it on your bedroom wall and stare lovingly at it...

Keep Euro slush-fund for upgrade to next bike  8)

Simples!

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #380 on: January 01, 2019, 12:07:19 pm »
Only cos you haven't got one :D
Throttle has cured itself I hope, lack of use. Have bought a Oxford Stormex cover to keep it out of the worst of the weather, still can't get in shed, but prodigal son has returned and already job hunting so another couple of months she'll be be back indoors. Oh and some new EDZ merino boot socks seeing as nobody bought me any.

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 02, 2019, 01:28:40 pm »
Found these Dutch guys, they may be of use to others.

https://www.boonstraparts.com/en/parts/mke=BMW/mdl=K%201200%20S%20(K1200S)/

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 03, 2019, 09:45:00 am »
Motolegends just mailed me, you may be interested  - Half-price helmet Sale, Saturday 12th January

"A half-price helmet Sale is pretty much unheard of. And that’s because buying a helmet at half the recommended retail price means that you’re buying it at less than the retailer paid for it. In other words, the retailer is losing money. That’s why its uncommon.

But we have probably a couple of hundred helmets here in the Guildford warehouse that, for one reason or another, we won’t be marketing in the future.

We’d like to move them on and, in our experience, when something brand new is being sold for half its actual price, a lot of people want it.

Now, all these helmets are brand new and in boxes, untouched and unworn.

But, and here’s the catch, we’re going to be offering them as ‘used’ items without a warranty.

If we’re going to lose money on a helmet, we cannot afford to get involved in issues that may or may not develop in the future.

The helmets will need to be paid for by cash. There won’t be a record of the transaction on our mail-order system, and we’ll be keeping the boxes.

There’s nothing suspicious or dodgy going on. It’s merely that these helmets are taking up space. We want them gone, and we’re prepared to take a hit to get rid of them.

You have to decide whether you’re prepared to take this risk. A premium helmet from one of the major brands at a price you’ll never see again. In all probability, you’ll never have an issue, because there’s really not that much than can go wrong with a helmet. But if it does, the problem is yours; not ours.

See you on Saturday 12th. Bring your own box!"

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #383 on: January 03, 2019, 01:43:02 pm »
Ooh thanks for sharing! I did just buy a GT Air but if they've got a nice Arai my cheap January is going to be scuppered. It might help me decide what bike is next too, to at least not clash with colours :p
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 03, 2019, 03:13:38 pm »
Nice ones Martin... 8)

Did you win the lottery and not tell us Matt?

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 03, 2019, 05:43:32 pm »

Whenever his ashtray is full, Matt changes cars, didn't you know that, Brian ?
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 03, 2019, 06:17:42 pm »

Question is: what's Matt smoking?  ;D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 03, 2019, 08:17:22 pm »
If it's anything like what he is drinking we are all doooomed I tell you. Doooomed!

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #388 on: January 04, 2019, 10:28:49 am »

Haha it's full of change for the car park!

My K is at 28,000 miles and I feel like I need to try something new or else I will have the same bike/brand for ever!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 04, 2019, 01:32:52 pm »

My K is at 28,000 miles and I feel like I need to try something new or else I will have the same bike/brand for ever!

Good point - just be prepared to come back to Ks.  8)

Although, I have to say, if KTM wrapped their Super Duke GT in something that wasn't quite so upright, I would be tempted.