Author Topic: Schuberth let-down  (Read 2023 times)

Offline RevSH

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300Gt SE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Touratech GPS bracket, SW-Motech electric ring and tank bag
Schuberth let-down
« on: May 19, 2016, 10:00:32 pm »
Whilst serving in Germany in Feb 2014 bought a Schuberth C3 helmet with a fitted Schubert bluetooth collar from a Louis.de store in Hannover. Just over 12 months old now (they 'sell' their 2-year guarantee) and one of the speakers in the helmet has died. Schuberth.de have told me to 'take it back to Louis' - most helpful - and Schuberth suppliers in the UK have said they can't touch it 'because I bought it outside of the UK'  however, it is only fair to add that www.helmetcity.co.uk in Cheltenham have been very helpful with advice and contacts. However, given Schuberth's refusal to assist me - I'm left asking; why are we in the EU again? Note to self - must do something about that at the polls soon.

Anyway, I've decided that rather than post it back to Louis in Germany and risk never seeing it again to simply cut-off the offending speaker and solder on a new one - it will invalidate the remaining guarantee but 'what guarantee?' says I!   

So to my question and sorry about the lengthy preamble moan:

Has anyone done a DIY speaker replacement on a Schuberth or any other make and if so, what speaker do you recommend? Happy to buy a decent set of headphones to break-up for the helmet. Music while riding is essential. Appreciate any wisdom....

Many thanks.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Schuberth let-down
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 10:21:18 pm »
Having bought many things outside the UK, I see no difference between your plight and that of other fools who think warranty extends beyond a boundary, EU or none!

Good luck with your wasted vote!

Oh, and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 10:35:56 pm »
I would think you should replace both unless you can get a perfect match. 
Its a chance to improve the sound quality.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 08:27:32 am »
Welcome to the forum.
Regarding your Shuberth saga allow me to add some points; the warranty is in fact worldwide (not US and Japan, not availiable in those markets), but the product each time should be returned to the selling pooint, it is written in the instructions and warranty leaflet. Vendor is responsible to make all arrangement , inspection, pachaging and shipment on the customers behalf. Do not believe that has something to do with EU, on the contrary . The local shop any local shop if wanted to really assit could provide all services and return the lelmet on your behalf using the internal supply and support line , but as you state they limited their support in instructions and demonstration of good manners.
On my next trip to UK this coming June will bring with me a pair of speakers (fm an Interphone set) that can be used with the Shuberth and were tested before in a similar situation. They are availiable free of charge , collection  is an issue since I would be in Lester (Leichester) but if you're interested it can be arranged.
Embrace the wind.