Author Topic: Bike Three: K1300S  (Read 1807 times)

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Bike Three: K1300S
« on: April 15, 2016, 04:00:16 pm »
So after 3 years of F800ST and maybe I got promoted or something and decided to make the move (April 2013 ish).  I almost green lit the flip out of a lava orange bike at BMW Alton.  Then they decided I had piston slap.  And to go and speak to my usual dealer as my bike is now worthless.  Thanks Alton.

BMW North Oxford were great at avoiding answering this: "so for 3 years I ask each time, 'any piston slap signs' and you say no it's one of the lucky ones, how does this all make sense?".  They were absolutely useless anyway, said they'd raise a BMW UK thing for me and then never said a word.  I obviously chased them for a bit then decided I didn't want to give them money.

So anyway Honda seemed to think it sounded fine.  Although I did get a pants price, I also got a 2009 tricolour K1300S with about 14,000 miles on it.  No electronic suspension here, or extra computer bits.  But it had TCS, ABS, grips etc so hurrah.

I loved this bike.

I did quite a bit of Europe on it too.

Oh and I also finally became a person who changes their exhaust.  About a year before selling I finally got an SC Project italian exhaust thingy for it:

I kept this bike up to about 47,000 and in November 2015 I think, finally it left me.  For the entirety of this ownership (so 2.5 years ish) I'd migrated to using Maidenhead BMW (Thames Valley).  I've yet to be disappointed, and they've even come to pick me up from the office once when I forgot how taxis work.  Also dropped me off a bit when they've had to keep the thing in overnight.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:54:42 pm by Matt »
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Bike Three: K1300S
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 04:21:25 pm »
Nice one
Embrace the wind.

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
Re: Bike Three: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:41:56 pm »
Snap.
Got the same bike and love it.
So far.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.