Author Topic: Happy Anniversary!  (Read 5218 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Happy Anniversary!
« on: March 13, 2015, 10:37:35 pm »
Just wanted to wish you all a happy first (month's) anniversary!

Twenty eight days in and the membership has soared from the initial 35'ish in the Facebook lifeboat to 76 tonight.

Brian (who wonders how many more K bike owners there are out there  ::) )

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Happy Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 11:55:15 pm »
Happy first monthiversary EuroKClub

Well done Brian
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 07:58:11 am »
Bravo,  8) ;D :-* next month a hundred.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 08:02:35 am »
That lifeboat never felt crowded. Were there really 35 of us on board? Good work since then, guys! Perhaps Hollywood will make a film of the whole saga. Rupert Phmode could be played by Harrison Ford; he'll have recovered by the time they start shooting and must be ready to take on a new heroic role after the success of the last two. :)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 12:39:41 pm »
Does Phmode really look as old and wrinkly as H. Ford?

Brian (whose great uncle, who is at rest in the British Military Cemetary in Thessaloniki, was one Harry Ford  8) )

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 01:13:24 pm »
I'm sure he doesn't but I thought the chance to be the new Indiana Jones-type would appeal. However, it's not too late to nominate an actor of your choice. were you thinking Brad Pitt or Gerard Butler might be better suited? 

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 01:36:17 pm »
That lifeboat never felt crowded. Were there really 35 of us on board? Good work since then, guys! Perhaps Hollywood will make a film of the whole saga. Rupert Phmode could be played by Harrison Ford; he'll have recovered by the time they start shooting and must be ready to take on a new heroic role after the success of the last two. :)
And of course we now have a Squadron Leader on board as well.

Brill congrats to everyone involved now are we going to do something special for our 100th member?

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 11:04:44 pm »
And of course we now have a Squadron Leader on board as well.

Brill congrats to everyone involved now are we going to do something special for our 100th member?

Bob
So what are we going to do now that we have a 100th member?  Does he get free membership for life?
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 11:18:09 pm »
You must have a different member list to me Tom; mine only shows 93 members as of today, and three of those are a figment of Phmode's fevered imagination!

Brian (who is thinking of leaving and coming back ten members hence)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 11:38:16 pm »
Okay the summary at the bottom of the more stats page does say 100 members.  http://www.eurokclub.bike/index.php?action=stats  Didn't notice the members 93 at the top of he page.   ::)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 12:39:31 am »
I think the figure of 100 includes members who have left us; one 'real' member (milleplod) and various sys admin accounts that were set up during the creation of the site.

We still have one sys admin account to allow The Creator to get into the site if they need to.

We also have two 'dummy' members, accounts created to allow the admins and mods to see what the site looks like to you mere mortals out there; we have a different page view from up here in the gods, even when we are not in admin mode, so it is important that we can see the world the way you do from time to time.

Brian (who is in consultation with his exhaust welder to have the spare 'mounted' on a suitable plinth for presentation to our 100th member at the annual general meeting of members)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 06:40:42 am »
Somebody left? Really? Was it something we said?

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 11:43:05 am »
Only two dummy members  :D

As for happy anniversary 36 years today actually  8)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 11:46:37 am »
Years on this planet or wedding?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 11:52:05 am »
..either way, happy days Chris!

Brian (who gave up counting long before he lost count)