Author Topic: Manchester BMW motorad not very good at all  (Read 6436 times)

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2020 R 1250 GS Adv
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Exhaust, Screen, hand guards.
Re: Manchester BMW motorad not very good at all
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 01:10:39 am »
Sorry for not getting back but the Internet over here is not good so I will do a full report when I return but for now the bike is back on the road and the biker is ok BMW at Faro have been very helpful
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2020 R 1250 GS Adv
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Exhaust, Screen, hand guards.
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 05:34:02 pm »
Hi Rae no BMW insurance but he had AA cover at the time this did not help us, as your next post says, so Toml that’s what we did screwed the bolt in as much as we could and took one of the fairing bolts out to replace the lost ABS sensor bolt,
 Brian I had the RT in for service before we set off, its first, but after getting it home put two new tyres on it and checked it all over myself including stripping all the brakes and bleeding them, now back to the case in hand,
OK so we had to get to a BMW Motorrad dealer in Spain as the problem occurred as we called into a small village to have refreshments, when setting off he noticed a clicking from the back of the bike and on slowing down the bike locked up throwing him off, fortunately he was nearly stopped at the time and only the bike was damaged, if this had been 20 minutes sooner he had been travelling at 80 MPH, this is where we had a look and could see one of the bolts from the rear disk had come loose, so we reorganised our route to take us closer to Faro where there was a Motorrad dealer, they took a good look and after their inspection we were told and could see that the rear disk bolts were loose, not one but all of them, and as you can see one had come out so far that it had hit the ABS sensor securing bolt and dragged this out braking the rear drive shaft housing and damaging the rear calliper bracket, now good show to the lads at Faro they did a temporary repair fitting all new bolts and got use on our way after 4 hours, but as you can imagine Manchester will be getting a visit from one or two of us when we all get back, the main thing is that Phil is OK, this lad knows how to through a bike down the road.

More after we visit Manchester Motorrad this week.
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 06:47:01 pm »
Jesus H Christ on a bike!

It looks just as bad as I imagined.

I hadn't realised it had chucked itself down the road....of course, slowing down was the cause of that, he should have pinned it till he got to the coast and then ridden into the sea, much softer landing methinks  8)

Are you selling tickets for the showdown in M/cr? Despite being up there last week it would be worth the ride up just for the laughs  >:(

How about a mass EuroKClub ride-out....

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 09:49:19 am »
Ok we need to add the folks at Faro to the dealers section.
He was so lukcy that he might consider paying a visit at one of the many churches down there as to thank the mighty God for giving him one more chance.
Regret that am away a visit there would be most informative, especially on the way a mad briton would express himself .........
Do not believe that they would ever directly admit that fack up , hope that they will express the courtesy of admitting the possibility of a screw up and compensate somehow.
Really lucky rider and with a sense of something going wrong with his bike ever present.
Embrace the wind.

Offline slparry

• View Profile
    • My webspace
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 05:13:58 pm »
ISTR those bolts are single use and are coated with blue Loctite, looks like they may have been reused?
--

Steve Parry
Sales @ Chester KTM
Oppressed since 1958

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '90 K1 .... '15 R12RT LC LE :D

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2016, 05:55:04 pm »
Many times reusable bolts those ones and always loctite to be used, but who tighten them? How they did the recall with new part on bike and electric heating clamb? Was it forgoten for more than a couple of min? Was it a clumsy work after all? 
Embrace the wind.