Author Topic: New members say hello here!  (Read 39454 times)

gibbo

Re: New members say hello here!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 10:21:16 pm »
Hi Everyone

Jon checking in from the old EuroK forum. It's a real shame that the old site was hijacked, lots of valuable info lost in the matrix.

Anyway, I poodle about solo on a K1300R which I've had the pleasure of owning since October 2013, and it's still the best bike I've ever ridden. I'm based in Wiltshire and mostly ride for pleasure. I also ride about on an 865 Bonneville (colour purple) with my dear wife as a willing pillion.

I'd like to thank all of those responsible for getting this new site up and running and sure that most of the old members will join up once the word has got round.

There must have been some cost setting this forum up, so is there a way that I can make a contribution towards it's upkeep.

Up the Beemers!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 10:25:50 pm »
Welcome, and you are indeed welcome!

Brian (who's never been to Eastbourne  :-[ )

Offline Snowy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1100RS
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 10:38:11 pm »
Hi, Snowy here but you'll only know me as Graeme Scott from the FB page since I'm not one of the old K tribe. Been riding for 37 years now although only for pleasure having done my apprentiship in the eighties! I still have a CB900F I bought new in 1980 (its a project!) and two other bikes that actually go, a '94 K1100RS I've owned for 18 years and an R1200GS Adventure I've had for the last 6 years. I'm based a few miles south of Marlborough. I'm also a cyclist for my sins and work in the Leisure industry.

Nice to meet you all!
K1100RS & R1200GSA & CB900FA

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 10:53:29 pm »
Well that's two from Marlborough!

I had a CB900F2C back in the 80's. Lovely bike and a really accomplished sports-tourer. Thayt led to a CBR1000F-H which was K12S 20 years before BM thought they invented it.

Brian (who says 'glad you decided to join us Snowy'  :D )

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 11:22:40 pm »
Hello, Richtea from Banbury-ish here, with a not-Orange K1300S.

Likes: MotoGP, Laverdas (but not maintaining them), Rossi, and the occasional potter about at a reasonable speed.

Non-bike likes: those pesky smartphones, writing apps, coins, food, cider, badminton. And a bit more food.

Dislikes: satnav

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 11:26:00 pm »
Late night then Rich?

Brian (who is glad the night shift has arrived at last  ::) )

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 12:21:29 am »
Hi everyone. I'm Tom and I've trundled over from the old EuroKClub forum. I ride a 2007 K1200S and a R1150GS.

I look after my own bike and some might remember details that I posted on the original forum about sorting it out when the cam chain jumped. I also posted articles previously about replacing the steering ball joint and the problems encountered with overheating which eventually led to the inevitable new radiator. The bike puts a big grin on my face when I ride it and the plan is to run it into the ground, but who knows. Sat on a few bikes up at the show yesterday but, apart from the K1300S, there was nothing there that interested me.

I'm a keen cyclist venturing out on road and mountain bikes. Cycling was cruel to me in 2014 resulting in a fractured acetabulam early in the year and a broken clavicle and ribs later in the year. Until my collar bone is properly healed I'm not allowed out off road on my R1150GS. Fingers crossed that it will be sorted by August when I'm booked in to do the BMW Off Road Skills level 2. Looking forward to the Old Gits trip to the Picos in a few months time.

I think that Brian and his team have done a fantastic job in getting the EuroKClub forum up and running. I missed popping in and seeing what was going on and loved posts from the likes of Costas who is so knowledgeable on Ks. Great to see so many of the oldies coming back on board.

Here's hoping that it all goes well.
Tom

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 12:29:56 am »
Really glad you are here Tom and we might even find some of your old stuff in the web.archive.org

We found Rae's suspension article he has posted up in here already!

Brian (who is going to write his articles in Word in future and keep a backup off the site)

Offline BruceV

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2015, 07:30:43 am »
Hello my name is Bruce I had recently signed up on the old site.

Have been riding since I was a kid - haven't been a kid for many decades.

Have owned about 22 bikes - 7 have been BMW's.

Currently ride a 2014 K1300S - Black - 2015 S1000RR Black -  2008 KLR650.

I ride almost year round - from just going out for a quick ride to touring and occasional track days.

Try very hard to never let anyone work on my bikes - except for warranty work.

Really glad you all were able to get the site back up and running.

Looking forward to contributing here.
Bruce
15 S1000RR-Black
14 K1300S-Black

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2015, 07:51:25 am »
Firstly, big thanks and kudos to the salvage team, led by Brian, who provided the lifeboat and now the replacement ship. Those of us who jumped aboard the Facebook page will know just how much effort these guys expended to try to keep this nonsense afloat.

I'm Steve, another refugee from the previous EuroKClub, and the owner of a Cosmic Blue K1200R Sport with 38k on the clock. The bike is currently SORN'd because I had, until recently, a winter bike to protect the beast from road salt. However, it will be back on the road on 1st March. Apart from Givi luggage that I fitted to replace the BMW Sports Cases and a Stebel horn, it's pretty standard.I did have a Remus silencer fitted for a while but I prefer the more discreet standard can when I'm disturbing the tranquility of the countryside.
This year, I hope to pile a few more miles on, including a trip to Europe. I do confess to casting lustful glances at the K1300S but the R Sport ticks so many boxes for me that I can't bring myself to take the plunge.

Like a few others on here, I do my own servicing and repairs so forums like this are a great source of information about other folks' experiences. I'm looking forward to seeing, and hopefully helping this site develop into the preferred on-line community for K riders this side of the big pond who want to discuss problems and talk nonsense. Just like we did before!

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 10:39:40 am »
Hi Dusty and welcome to the all brand new EuroK site glad to have you on board. I used to have a cat called Dusty she was a real livewire!
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2015, 11:33:23 am »
Hi to both Bruce and Dusty and glad to have you here.

Long time since I was in Mass, used to work for Digital Equipment who were headquarted in Maynard so trips to the motherland were frequent and very enjoyable; a great bunch of bikers in the company, but mostly on Harley's, obviously!

Brian (who has to say a big thank you to Dusty for his constant encouragement with the new site endeavours and particularly for the spirit in which it was given!)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2015, 11:46:59 am »
Well my entry won't be mundane as both Throttlemiester and I got banned by the previous regime!! :),on Timbox's recommendation that Brian was a nutcase!! but a nice nutcase  ;) I was one of the 4 Musketeers that met up at Marlborough last year, note to one self ask it's not a Friday next time filtered in the traffic for most of the way home,but hey coffee and cake in a church  :)

Among other bikes I own a k1200R Sport Wilbers/BST's/Akra/Rexxer map/various carbon/ and seats!!! have gone from stock to BM comfort to a Tony Archer and now a Kehedo,it's my toy some how it's been to Assen and Le-Mans x3 and still never been wet but my others most certainly have.

Work!! weeell yea sort of some times!!having had a proper job till 8 years ago in print which came to 37 years and I could tell the story in under 5 minutes the last 8 years would need a book and a thick one at that as white van moving press bikes for the mags and MCN to having to going on test rides when journo's were away on world launch's oh and drove Ducati's PR truck  ::) and after 3 years found easier ways to earn a crust but I do have some great stories,through no fault of mine own I've ended up with a close connection to the racing side of things which is good fun for face to face chat but most certainly not on the net,and if anyone needs info for GP's/NW200 etc then just ask

Well done for making the effort Brian.

Chris
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 11:49:25 am by chriscanning »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2015, 11:53:10 am »
See, I knew you'd tell us eventually!

You're banned!

Brian (who just hates compliments  ::) )

PS Where is that ex-K13GT owning reprobate Timbox then?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 11:55:21 am by Phmode »

Offline Evil Twin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2015, 12:59:56 pm »
Hi, back again...like so many others.
Owner of K1300S and just hit 56,210 miles!