Author Topic: K1200S  (Read 136274 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1200S
« Reply #960 on: August 04, 2023, 04:16:31 pm »
And for the price I could have had another 4 radiators...

But 4 radiators would only make a very small shed

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #961 on: August 04, 2023, 05:39:05 pm »
Woo! Awesome! Very satisfying to have a nice new base! What's the brick island for?
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #962 on: August 05, 2023, 09:13:11 am »
Its on the cover of the inspection chamber for the water connection so the concrete finisher could lay a plank to it to get to the corner without touching the top of the concrete. I suppose he could have been dangled by his ankles from the top of the wall but the safety elf wasn't strong enough

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #963 on: August 05, 2023, 09:33:10 am »
I think we definitely need a ride out for the topping off ceremony!

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 07, 2023, 02:16:09 pm »
No posts on this topic for 120 days? The time they are a changing
Well today was MOT day, and passed. 108726 miles, and the lowest annual mileage bar covid times. Think its only been out twice in the last 6 months but still started on the button.
Althought the shed is structurally complete it still needs doors and windows, and the roof felt is only half done. Trying to get dry weather and 10C for the adhesive  is very difficult. I tried yesterday and the wind just blew everything everywhere. I do have a mostly dry shelter now but last nights wind and rain has got inside the only opening and its all damp again now. Not ready for bikes yet

« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 02:19:47 pm by fjtwelve »

Online black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #965 on: December 07, 2023, 02:42:00 pm »
The shed is looking good Martin.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 07, 2023, 04:39:49 pm »
Hurrah! Looks great!

What's the bare roof material in the first photo, ply? Is it epoxied or something or are you expecting damage from the rain?

This whole stage of building always confuses me, as regards that bit between watertight and not watertight where there's wood and stuff exposed that will expand/get messed up.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 07, 2023, 05:14:53 pm »
The ply is now covered in felt underlay and I'm starting to put the felt on top. Hence the frustration about needing dry weather at 10C. And encasing wet wood is not something I'm keen on either. It will dry out- eventually.  But I don't want the water blowing its way out next summer

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 10, 2023, 09:27:30 am »
Ah I understand now thank you :).

Apparently next Thursday you'll have a couple days decent weather! :D

Will the whole thing be sealed up enough to be able to use a dehumidifier? As you may recall i've got one in my garage, although even with all my work to weather seal the garage I still find I'm spending a fair whack on the dehumidifier running :(. Also it's flippiung humid in NZ so not sure I can win any time soon!

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #969 on: December 10, 2023, 05:31:51 pm »
Never mind the shed Martin just make sure 2024 resolutions is when coming up to see your dad steady as you go through the M5/M6 interchange cuz there’s a camera that works and is waiting for you 😄

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 10, 2024, 05:40:07 pm »
Not an email that I expected to receive....

Dear Mr Martin Sanders

Policy Number: *********

Important information about your renewal premium

It has come to our attention that, following one of our regular routine quality checks we undertake on all policies, the renewal premium quoted in your renewal documents this year wasn’t right.

The correct annual renewal premium should have been £269.37.

What happens now?

There’s nothing you need to do.

We’ve reduced your premium by £6.32, and this will be refunded via cheque to you, within 7-10 working days.

Here to help

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Should you have any questions about this, please call us on 0344 412 2171 where one of our friendly team will be on hand to help.

Kind Regards
Caroline Fennell
You can find our current contact centre opening hours at bennetts.co.uk/contact-us.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #971 on: February 10, 2024, 09:22:29 pm »
A-may-zing!

Swimbo's car policy went up by 40%. Taking me off her policy (with the same LV who insures me) reduced it by £170...

Then my policy renewal came in at £701 compared to £468 last year.

Off to see the Meerkat...

The cheapest cheap policy was £769'ish. Six providers down the list and we up to £2,700.

Decided it was cheaper to drive without insurance. They can only lock me up once and there's limitless free sex inside...

Online black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #972 on: February 10, 2024, 10:00:06 pm »
Not an email that I expected to receive....

Dear Mr Martin Sanders

Policy Number: *********

Important information about your renewal premium

It has come to our attention that, following one of our regular routine quality checks we undertake on all policies, the renewal premium quoted in your renewal documents this year wasn’t right.

The correct annual renewal premium should have been £269.37.

What happens now?

There’s nothing you need to do.

We’ve reduced your premium by £6.32, and this will be refunded via cheque to you, within 7-10 working days.

Here to help

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Should you have any questions about this, please call us on 0344 412 2171 where one of our friendly team will be on hand to help.

Kind Regards
Caroline Fennell
You can find our current contact centre opening hours at bennetts.co.uk/contact-us.

... just send us your bank details so we know where to pay the money!  :evil:

It's not often insurance companies to such things. Enjoy it!

Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 09, 2024, 03:37:39 pm »
Just parted with 31 quid for the debatable privilege of watching motogp for a month. Think I should get myself a vpn if I could figure it out

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #974 on: March 09, 2024, 10:02:59 pm »
Now TV (aka Sky without a long contract) would be cheaper, but they've removed MotoGP.
You only get dull-as-ditch-water F1 ("My tyres are going off, and he touched me in that corner, boo hoo"):
https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase#ib-section-section-2

So if you find you enjoy it either go full-on BT/TNT (i.e. a 24 month broadband contract) or gen up on VPNs, which will be something like a fiver a month. (And no - I couldn't be arsed either since I already have BT.)