Author Topic: Seat gel insert  (Read 10668 times)

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
Re: Seat gel insert
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2018, 12:32:45 pm »
Airhawk's own web site gives size 'small' for the K1200S, which I believe is the same seat as the K1300S.
However I think I would overlap that size despite being of reasonable build.
I know the medium has been touted on here, but has anyone compared the two sizes for suitability on a K1300S standard seat?
Or does anyone know of a stockist in easy reach of Swindon rather than mail order?

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2018, 12:49:50 pm »
If you have been looking at the Airhawk website does it not list stockists?

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2018, 12:53:10 pm »
When I had My Firestorm and was touring on that, I originally purchased a small AirHawk cushion, which was a small(ish) rectangle. It was OK but I then purchased a medium which was more a traditional (ie not a razor blade) bicycle saddle shape and that was a MUCH better fit with my backside. The Firestorm seat is similar in size and shape (though not in long day comfort) to the K1300S seat.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2018, 01:00:27 pm »
If you have been looking at the Airhawk website does it not list stockists?

I seem to be in a stockist desert around here. In fact there aren't any 'great' stockists for clothing and accessories that I know of around here or anywhere else, probably due to stock investment for low turnover. Mail order seems to be the way to go.

Offline baldbiker

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2018, 01:04:28 pm »
I thought there were a few including quite a big showroom. Not sure where as only visited a while ago.

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2018, 03:56:30 pm »
I thought there were a few including quite a big showroom. Not sure where as only visited a while ago.

The Megastore is fairly cheap and very good value if they have what you want. But often don't have what I am looking for. The Blade bike showrooms are OK for bikes, but limited clothing and accessories.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2018, 06:52:25 pm »
Order both sizes and send back the one you don't want.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2018, 07:39:32 pm »
I'll bring my medium with me to Swindon this weekend Andy. You can borrow it for a week or two as long as you return to the collection address in Shaw, West Swindon.

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2018, 07:48:39 pm »
I'll bring my medium with me to Swindon this weekend Andy. You can borrow it for a week or two as long as you return to the collection address in Shaw, West Swindon.

Thanks for a very nice offer. Do you want to come here for a cuppa, or I can meet you? Just not before mid morning on Sat as I have a 9am appointment for a back investigation (sport therapist, not the other kind!)

Seeing it on a standard seat will probably be all I need.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2018, 07:58:05 pm »
As my weekends belong to another and I don't do morning's anyway, perhaps mid-afternoon Saturday at swimbo's place. I'll PM you the address and my phone number in case of problems.

We will also be available Friday evening for collection if you prefer.

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2018, 10:44:45 pm »
As my weekends belong to another and I don't do morning's anyway, perhaps mid-afternoon Saturday at swimbo's place. I'll PM you the address and my phone number in case of problems.

We will also be available Friday evening for collection if you prefer.

Sounds good.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2018, 11:51:02 am »
PM sent and bum cushion packed in car...

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2018, 01:00:24 pm »
PM sent and bum cushion packed in car...

Yes, PM  received, thanks, during a break from getting an old leaking immersion heater out. Finally out! It didn't want to budge. Not the day I had planned!

Offline baldbiker

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2018, 11:28:50 pm »
Just got back this evening from a trip to Luxembourg and then a few days putting the bike and me a through some spirited riding on the excellent roads, all done in comfort with the airhawk. Got to say it is a revelation and should have got one sooner. Not saying it's gòod for everyone but it's great for me. I followed the excellent advice given and barely had air in it but once seated it's bliss.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2018, 10:19:57 am »
...bliss and variable to boot depending on your botty's mood.

And I assume you discovered the exquisite sensation after an hour or so of shifting your weight slightly from side to side and getting the hands-free massage of your nether regions  ;D