Author Topic: Lazer Roto Lock Ratchet  (Read 7543 times)

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
Re: Lazer Roto Lock Ratchet
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 06:51:53 am »
To be precise not only a K but an R too. No room for anything wedged in the fairing either.

I thought this was just a general tool review. Other then panniers and or top box.. Might be worth wearing a jacket with multiple pockets for all the tools, could be interesting if you came off though, A&E would be wondering how all these tools were buried under your skin  ???

gibbo

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 08:44:13 am »
One might suppose that if you have comprehensive breakdown cover then why the need to have all these items on one's personage.  ;)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2018, 08:47:33 am »
When I first got the FJR I was surprised at the amount of room there is under the seat. Under my seat I have my Fuzeblock also the Oxford Toolkit
an old tea towel, a large disk lock and reminder cable, some spare cash in case I forget my wallet.
A couple of stretch Rokstraps and a couple of adjustable Rokstraps and I think that's about it.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2018, 08:52:30 am »
One might suppose that if you have comprehensive breakdown cover then why the need to have all these items on one's personage.  ;)
Sometimes things just work loose and just need tightening up, ask Toms mate with I think it was the disc bolts. With a toolkit on board and spotting the loose bolt early, no need for breakdown service and a lot of trouble avoided, simples.

gibbo

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2018, 09:13:14 am »
A toolkit is probably a good idea if you own a K, but in all my time with bikes I've never had anything come loose or needing attention that requires such action (touch wood)  :) As for components on an fjr coming loose, no way. The bike is so well built and vibe free that you shouldn't need all that stuff.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 09:22:41 am »
A toolkit is probably a good idea if you own a K, but in all my time with bikes I've never had anything come loose or needing attention that requires such action (touch wood)  :) As for components on an fjr coming loose, no way. The bike is so well built and vibe free that you shouldn't need all that stuff.
You are probably right Jon, I don't need all those tools but I am a belt and braces type and love my boys toys, and some of my mates might need help while out on a ride.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2018, 10:07:52 am »
The Lazer Ratchet turned up this morning and looks and feels like a quality piece of kit and should suit my purposes very well in doing away with two tools to replace them with one.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2018, 01:48:46 pm »
I think those of a certain era who were on the roads at a young age feel vulnerable without the kitchen sink on board. I certainly do.

My Sargent pod contains the following:

Jump Starter
Tow rope
Spare brake and clutch lever
GS-911
Owner's Manual
RepROM on a thumb drive
Spare Immobiliser ring antenna
Rear wheel security bolt key
Length of fuel pipe for syphoning
Emergency work light
Puncture repair kit
Bit set and driver
Spare batteries for the pod interior light
Bit of wire and assorted connectors
Crimps and crimp tool

My breakdown service won't have many of those on board and anyway, having waited for two hours to be 'rescued' in Swansea last year, that ain't gonna happen again.

Spare bulbs are under the seat along with spare fairing bolts and tyre valve inserts and caps.

My touring kit contains everything I need to remove wheels and do most other stuff, small rolls of electrical tape, loomimg tape and duct tape, compressor, odd bungees etc. etc.

And, seeing as I never remove the cases, it lives in the bottom of one of them so is always with me anyway  8)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 02:03:43 pm by Phmode »

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2018, 02:45:43 pm »

My touring kit contains everything I need to remove wheels and do most other stuff, small rolls of electrical tape, loomimg tape and duct tape, compressor, odd bungees etc. etc.

My touring kit contains:
- access to one Brian

Regardless of the gentle mickey take, a good list, Brian.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2018, 02:52:22 pm »
My list wasn't a definitive list of the stuff I carry on the bike, that was just the stuff under the seat. I also have a small tank bag and a tail pack that contains all sorts of other stuff  ;D

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2018, 03:08:55 pm »
I carry a spare bike on a trailer!  ;)
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2018, 03:26:46 pm »
Who pulls the trailer?  ??? ???

gibbo

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2018, 07:46:36 am »
You are probably right Jon, I don't need all those tools but I am a belt and braces type and love my boys toys, and some of my mates might need help while out on a ride.

Very commendable to think of others Rae.  :)

gibbo

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2018, 07:48:56 am »

;D ;D ;D ;D Indeed

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2018, 10:16:55 am »
Only one?
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.