Author Topic: Devon bloodbike rider not guilty of speeding...  (Read 3477 times)

Andym535

Devon bloodbike rider not guilty of speeding...
« on: July 28, 2018, 04:54:35 pm »
https://www.bloodbikesdevon.org.uk/news/press/not-guilty

... and they are allowed to have blue lights and sirens fitted.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: Devon bloodbike rider not guilty of speeding...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 05:07:00 pm »
Blood bike are allowed to have blues and twos fitted, however they are not legally allowed to use them. I have seen this article on another forum. I think the judge made the right decision in this case. The rider got away with the speeding because the officer didn't follow him for long enough and his vascar unit was not calibrated for the vehicle he was driving.

He was a nob with a grudge.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 05:16:12 pm »
Excellent outcome.
I feel sorry for the volunteer - what a pointless bit of stress to have to suffer.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 08:01:50 pm »
Blood bike are allowed to have blues and twos fitted, however they are not legally allowed to use them. I have seen this article on another forum. I think the judge made the right decision in this case. The rider got away with the speeding because the officer didn't follow him for long enough and his vascar unit was not calibrated for the vehicle he was driving.

Sorry Rae but, what speeding?  The only one known to have been speeding was the plod showing off to the school girls in the back.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 12:37:04 pm »
2 lessons learned :
- being a cop proves you have acquired a certain knowledge to do your job, but it's not because you're a cop, that you have the needed brains to do your job properly.
- if you're caught for speeding, it may be worth the effort to have verified if the used (vascar) unit was properly calibrated, as such (vascar) units have to be calibrated before using, and also after (I think this means "every x times per y period"). Apparently this rule isn't enforced with very much "enthousiasm" (as it didn't even happen after 5 years of being used in operations)
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 01:19:06 pm »

Sorry Rae but, what speeding?  The only one known to have been speeding was the plod showing off to the school girls in the back.

So sorry David, alleged speeding, is that better?

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 02:05:14 pm »
It's a good point though.
On a Wrinklies run (and no doubt others), the leader may be sticking to a steady 70mph at the front, but at the back there are (allegedly!) bursts of considerably more than 70mph to make up for the ocassional expansion of the pack. As the nice copper discovered.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 06:16:01 pm »

So sorry David, alleged speeding, is that better?

No longer even alleged Rae. The judge made that clear..
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 06:19:59 pm »
It was alleged at the time.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 05:33:19 am »
It was alleged at the time.

... and has been to court and been shown that there is no case to answer. Unless there is substantial new evidence, it didn't happen.

Writing statements to continue to suggest it did happen after it's been to court is, technically, libellous.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 07:26:57 am »
OK you win.

Offline Ady00

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300r
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 11:43:05 am »
Sounds like a PC Kerr..... first name Wayne in attendance on this one😁
Light travels faster than the speed of sound that’s why some people appear bright until they speak.

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 04:23:40 pm »

Just a small but necessary tweak required to the blues and twos facts of blood bike riding. I ride for the local Freewheelers EVS Bloodbikes, and we are permitted to use the blue lights and sirens if it has been declared 'life threatening' by a medical professional, ie that we are delivering/collecting medication for such an emergency.

Yes, I agree about the nob with a grudge element Rae! :)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 04:53:23 pm »

Just a small but necessary tweak required to the blues and twos facts of blood bike riding. I ride for the local Freewheelers EVS Bloodbikes, and we are permitted to use the blue lights and sirens if it has been declared 'life threatening' by a medical professional, ie that we are delivering/collecting medication for such an emergency.

Yes, I agree about the nob with a grudge element Rae! :)

The rules must have changed since my Blood Bike days.

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 10:18:26 pm »
Ah, glad to hear that you’ve been there and done it, so to speak. Good on you Rae.
The reality of actually using blue lights and/or sirens is very rare, despite the Home Office type approved (RT & FJR) bikes being supplied with all the bells and whistles!!