Author Topic: Kawasaki H2 SX SE - Number 2  (Read 1507 times)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Kawasaki H2 SX SE - Number 2
« on: September 18, 2023, 10:58:56 am »
So, after 5 years, I'm replacing my much loved Kawasaki H2 SX SE with ... another H2 SX SE! I'm sure it won't be a surprise to anyone that I've gone for another of these superb bikes.

The order has been placed though the bike won't be delivered until March'24 and will be a MY24 bike.

My current bike will remain with me for a while as a good friend is visiting from Australia for about 4 months next year and will want to borrow a bike (so he can attend the Old Gits trip). He's a K1300S MotorSport owner so it'll be good to hear his opinion of the H2 SX SE to see if he also feels it is the spiritual successor to the mighty K1300S.

I'll update this thread when the bike arrives but placing the order is the first exciting step.

Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Kawasaki H2 SX SE - Number 2
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 11:03:46 am »
It really can't be 5 years David! How is that even even possible?

It was fairly obvious when you first got the bike that you were convinced it was the spiritual successor to the K and from all you have said about it, it really does seem to be the case. Mind you, all the research must have aged you as it was such a seemingly impossible task and so many disparate bikes out there.

Glad you are getting another one, as that just cements the decision for every one else. Brian

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 12:54:07 pm »
5 years old  :o

(I remember you looking at buying it - can't be that long ago)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 09:55:18 am by Belco100 »

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 02:03:54 pm »
Both of my BMW K1300Ss were replaced after 3 years.

The H2 SX has now done 30k miles and the BMWs had both one over 50k miles
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

Offline andym2

• View Profile
  • Location:: Stratford on Avon (District, the town is 'Upon' )
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 02:48:27 pm »
I did consider one of these before I got the K16, but the experience from owning the z900RS is that Kawasaki dealers are few and far between and the closest ones to here aren't particularly helpful. Cradley (who were great when I had a ZX10R) apparently changed hands and have gone downhill since. For cars you can get them serviced by non-franchised dealers without losing the warranty, but as that doesn't apply to bikes dealer support is quite an important consideration for newish bikes.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 03:41:33 pm »
I did consider one of these before I got the K16, but the experience from owning the z900RS is that Kawasaki dealers are few and far between and the closest ones to here aren't particularly helpful. Cradley (who were great when I had a ZX10R) apparently changed hands and have gone downhill since. For cars you can get them serviced by non-franchised dealers without losing the warranty, but as that doesn't apply to bikes dealer support is quite an important consideration for newish bikes.

I agree that dealer support is important but I've got no dealer issues. Kawasaki dealers are as prevalent as BMW bike dealers near me and the service I have received has been good.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 06:20:16 pm »
I look forward to seeing even more of these next June then :D

Greenham Kawasaki is my closest and they seemed like a decent bunch thankfully. My main memory is the owner chap being great and their ex BMW service guy saying how much less busy he is with warranty work now :D.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2024, 08:26:08 pm »
It's at the dealers! :D

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2024, 10:04:53 am »
Woo! Nice and secure in that case too!

Is that a Hayabusa next to it?
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2024, 10:43:29 am »
It looks like it could be a Hayabusa. The dealer is both Kawasaki and Suzuki (and KTM) so it's a possibility. Does the fact that the H2 SX needs "extra bracing" on its' cage to stop it escaping compared to a Hayabusa tell us anything about them? ;)

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2024, 04:06:42 pm »
I like your new black variant more than the green. Good choice.
But that exhaust. Wot - no Akra?

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2024, 04:46:18 pm »
I like your new black variant more than the green. Good choice.
But that exhaust. Wot - no Akra?

Thanks Rich. I was really pleased with the colour scheme on the 2024 model. While I thought the green as OK, this is much better.

The Akra gets fitted as part of the Performance pack. The Panniers also get fitted as part of the Tourer pack. It's also getting a hugger, a Scott Oiler and my carbon wheels fitted.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2024, 06:42:55 pm »
Very nice. Not much kindling in that crate though. One imagines they take it all apart and ship it back to Japan as a flat-pack.

Much as the Kermit green jars somewhat, I think I would have to have the green if I were having a Kwak, just to say I had been there and done that. Never owned a Kwak (or a Suzi or a Yam come to that) as was always a Honda guy prior to the GS and K's.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2024, 07:28:51 pm »
The Akra gets fitted as part of the Performance pack. The Panniers also get fitted as part of the Tourer pack. It's also getting a hugger, a Scott Oiler and my carbon wheels fitted.

Now we're talking!  :download:

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2024, 08:44:00 pm »
Very nice. Not much kindling in that crate though. One imagines they take it all apart and ship it back to Japan as a flat-pack.

Much as the Kermit green jars somewhat, I think I would have to have the green if I were having a Kwak, just to say I had been there and done that. Never owned a Kwak (or a Suzi or a Yam come to that) as was always a Honda guy prior to the GS and K's.

I think there's enough green to know it's a Kawasaki.  :thumbup: