Author Topic: Random whinge that is nothing to do with K bikes, for once!  (Read 2666 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
I have a number of pet hates that wind me up beyond belief!

OK, I have many!

OK, OK, I have gazillions; I'm a grumpy old man, it's in the job description, go check.

Do some taps turn on clockwise and some counter-clockwise?

Do some bolts do up one way and some the opposite way (I know, I know, don't bother!)

Do we go round some roundabouts counter-clockwise in this country?

So, who in their right mind thinks it is acceptable to fasten twist-ties in random directions? I just bought a new wet'n'dry vac thingy and the cable was coiled and held by three twist-ties, one done up clockwise, the other two counter-clockwise!! Now, unless they have more than one Chinese pre-school girl fastening each cord, why are they different? And, unless Chinese bolts do all do up in different directions, why are all twist-ties not done up clockwise so you can undo them in the dark, upside down and with the wrong hand?

Random rant over, set flame to 'low', allow to cool before approaching!

Brian (who says whisky poured, heating on, curry in oven, all will be well, eventually)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: Random whinge that is nothing to do with K bikes, for once!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 07:23:47 pm »
Maybe the person that packed it was ambidextrous

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Random whinge that is nothing to do with K bikes, for once!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 07:27:37 pm »
Like I care if they are working under water!

Actually, it could be that they do one with each hand in contra-rotating directions and the third one with one hand whilst reaching for the next cord with the other.

Brian (who feels better already and he hasn't even touched the scotch yet 🙄 )