Poll

Would you like a facility on this forum to make a voluntary contribution to EuroK Club running costs

Yes
8 (88.9%)
No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: August 18, 2017, 09:15:14 am

Author Topic: Voluntary donations to EuroK Forum  (Read 7072 times)

gibbo

Voluntary donations to EuroK Forum
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:15:14 am »
Well chaps, it would seem I'm getting very little feedback from our esteemed owner/administrator/trouble shooter regarding making a voluntary donation to cover some costs of running the EuroK forum. It's one of the best (in my opinion) forums out on the www and such deserves support from all of us. I feel it unfair that a minority of the above are splashing out their work wages/pension/other whilst the rest of us are enjoying the benefits.

The poll is a simple one, either yes or no  :)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: Voluntary donations to EuroK Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 09:27:30 am »
I'm sure I speak for Brian (if I don't I'm sure he'll be along to tell me) as well as myself, whilst the thought is very much appreciated it's probably more effort than it's worth.
Also there would be a two tear system where some members would feel more entitled than others. It works just fine as it is.
It has taken me a couple of years to put some coffers in the pot but the recent problems gave me that opportunity.

Your appreciation Jon is welcomed but I feel that whatever the outcome of the poll the site will remain free. Just sit back and enjoy it.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 10:14:25 am »
Would like to add that being one of the oldest and remote member your suggestion meets the same one made by me and if am not mistaken by a couple of more memebres a few years back.
Every time we've met the same resistance by the organizers of this forum, thus were left with only apressiation and a big thanks to those individuals.
Rae being one of them as you saw rush to clarify and state their firm position,  so we all are left pracrically yet again speachless.
Thank you guys , and if I may add,  if something changes rest assure we're here to support you.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 01:40:30 pm »
Thank you guys , and if I may add,  if something changes rest assure we're here to support you.
Yes indeed, well said Costas. :)
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 04:05:43 pm »
Brian is not adverse to having a drink bought for him on the odd occasion.

BTW the spell check now appears to be redundant at least on my lap top.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 04:11:22 pm »
I'll mention the speel cheeker to Martin  ;D

I have already mentioned beer buying and the water started to get warm  :o

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 04:58:03 pm »
Alternatively 2 club runs, one to the Newbury area and one to the Yorkshire area, where club members use their beer tokens to lubricate the forum-meisters and buy them a taxi home. Need to get in quick before these long summer evenings start pulling in again

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 06:20:52 pm »
Now you're talking!
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 06:24:03 pm »
... and as a time and talent limited newbie... I have to say that having this network here has been a source of knowledge and occasional inspiration adding to my personal riding odyssey... thanks to all who keep this place going... it helped me lose my proper biking cherry at age 51...🏍
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Expo

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300s
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 07:34:24 pm »
I can only extend my thanks to the admin ,web masters and K model experts who over the three years I've been a member have made my relationship with the brand a more satisfying experience. Above all else are a bloody good bunch.
Here's to many more years
"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 08:25:08 pm »
That's it. I'm closing the forum; too many plaudits and folks saying nice things.

I didn't start this thing to please people and get my back patted.

Oh no! I started this thing so I could slag off a bunch of ne'er-do-wells and malingerers and so far it had seemed to be working just fine....

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 08:28:17 pm »
Slag me off as much as you like... doesn't mean you're not useful! 😛 But I promise not to call you Rae!!!

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 08:44:28 pm »
Yep, as Costas says,  this has come up a few times with various suggestions for funding, charity donations etc.
The guys in the driving seat just won't play ball, so I've resigned myself to grateful acceptance of the situation. We are, indeed, very lucky.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 09:38:30 am »
Not quite true Steven. I have always suggested that grateful members make an annual donation, in our name, to a charity of your choice, preferably biking related.

My charity of choice is always the local air ambulance, just in case  8)

Other gifts are also always more than well received, as you know only too well  ;D

Were I to add up what I have spent on this forum and subtract from it what it (and to be fair, the previous version) has saved me, I would be in the black every time (every pun intended!). Your advice and Deeks' assistance from Canada when my throttles got stuck saved me at least £1,000 in parts and dealer's fees alone. I know this cuts both ways but I wouldn't do it if it wasn't worth it.

The PayPal stuff has some advantages and is worth considering; I don't have to become a nagging member secretary and treasurer, I don't have to go back to college to re-learn all the accountancy I have forgotten, I don't have to have seperate bank accounts etc. and I can pretend I didn't know I had to declare it as unearned income (and I know that last bit is twaddle).

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 09:53:43 am »
True, Brian; you have. Apologies for my misleading comment. However, I was referring to direct comtributions to or via the forum. I know that several of us on here have, on your suggestion, donated to an Air Ambulance charity.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:56:51 am by Dusty »