Author Topic: Hand guards on K1300S  (Read 2670 times)

Offline DoctorW02

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2013 K1300S and R
Hand guards on K1300S
« on: November 23, 2021, 07:14:08 am »
Hi again. Per the subject title, does anyone have these on their bike / how is the fitment on stock bars. I have barkbusters (I think) on my R, but was thinking of adding to S also?
Cheers,
Andrew.

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2020 R 1250 GS Adv
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Exhaust, Screen, hand guards.
Re: Hand guards on K1300S
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 07:49:06 am »
They are great I put the Barkbusters on my 1300S with no problem, no need for winter gloves. 8)
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul

Offline DoctorW02

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 09:17:43 am »
They are great I put the Barkbusters on my 1300S with no problem, no need for winter gloves. 8)

Cool and good to know. Do you happen to have a pic/ do they look ok on the fully faired S?
Many thanks,
Andrew.

Offline DoctorW02

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 09:20:44 am »
Apols to revert- same "model" as R I take it and any idea who i best supplier in UK?
Cheers👍

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 10:35:30 am »
Yup! Love em to bits. I don't have cold hands and don't do many winter miles anymore but when I did, the Barkbusters meant I never needed the heated grips as long as I had winter gloves on. On milder winter days, even summer gloves were OK.

The same single point fitting that fits the S also fits the R. You buy the bar kit and then select the cover of your choice and even lights if you are like TomK1300S.

I take mine off in the summer months if there is lots of motorway work for touring as I put the 'cruise control' throttle lock thingy on the right bar instead and it looks daft with only one Barkbuster fitted.

When you fit them, make sure your mounting bar is angled DOWN from the bar end and then horizontal as it points forward. I see so many fitted horizontal from the bar end and then angled down. Barkbusters claim that the wrong angle fitment can cause the protectors to fold in the event of a tumble.

As for suppliers, Google is your friend but R&G in Alton are the ones I've used. Just find the best deal, Black Friday may help at the moment.

Offline DoctorW02

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 10:51:12 am »
Yup! Love em to bits. I don't have cold hands and don't do many winter miles anymore but when I did, the Barkbusters meant I never needed the heated grips as long as I had winter gloves on. On milder winter days, even summer gloves were OK.

The same single point fitting that fits the S also fits the R. You buy the bar kit and then select the cover of your choice and even lights if you are like TomK1300S.

I take mine off in the summer months if there is lots of motorway work for touring as I put the 'cruise control' throttle lock thingy on the right bar instead and it looks daft with only one Barkbuster fitted.

When you fit them, make sure your mounting bar is angled DOWN from the bar end and then horizontal as it points forward. I see so many fitted horizontal from the bar end and then angled down. Barkbusters claim that the wrong angle fitment can cause the protectors to fold in the event of a tumble.

As for suppliers, Google is your friend but R&G in Alton are the ones I've used. Just find the best deal, Black Friday may help at the moment.
Perfect- thank you👍👍

Offline DoctorW02

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 12:33:09 pm »
Am now thinking of sw motech!! Look good so am just hoping they fit ok👍👍🙂🙂

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 03:55:48 pm »
Bloody thick blooded lot.
I was out on Sunday with Barkbuster soft muffs, Keis heated Gloves and heated grips that are hardly working these days.
The good thing about the muffs is they keep the wet off as well as the wind keeping the wind chill down.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 04:57:02 pm »
Too busy riding a mountain bike at this time of year...but oddly enough just in process of ordering a set for Turbo Levo after a particular cold ride.

Offline DoctorW02

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 06:58:10 pm »
Bloody thick blooded lot.
I was out on Sunday with Barkbuster soft muffs, Keis heated Gloves and heated grips that are hardly working these days.
The good thing about the muffs is they keep the wet off as well as the wind keeping the wind chill down.

Umm. Hadn't thought bout that. D'you have any pics of them on the bike by any chance?

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 07:13:16 pm »
I think that you are only allowed to use the hippo hands/muffs thingies once you are as old as Ron.

Otherwise it is an instant and permanent ban...

Offline DoctorW02

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2021, 07:18:54 pm »
I think that you are only allowed to use the hippo hands/muffs thingies once you are as old as Ron.

👍👍😂😂

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2021, 01:31:23 pm »

think I'll use these
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline armstrongracer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s, KTM 950sm, some racing stinkwheels.
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2021, 01:53:14 pm »
Which model of barkbusters handguards work on the K1300, there are loads of different ones on the R&G site.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2021, 04:40:29 pm »
If you visit the Barkbusters website and put in your bike make and model it comes up with the result...

https://barkbusters.net/what-fits-my/bmw/k1300s/

...which gives you the choice of a pair of posh cut down wellies (like wot Ron has) or the more stylish single point fixing. You want the single point fixing unless you want banning...

Then choose your cover. Simples!

Er, not that Simples it seems. They have introduced a new Aero wot not which is what the above link is for...

So, ignore the Barkbusters recommendation....

This...

https://barkbusters.net/products/universal-mounting-hardware/4131-stm-007-np/

...is what you need. Then choose a cover. This time it is Simples!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 04:48:54 pm by Phmode »