Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 477 times)

Offline Ilyak

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Hello all
« on: April 16, 2023, 12:01:52 pm »
Just joined. Based in Kent/London- had a 2011 K1600GT for about 6 months, just swapped it for a 2012 K1300S last week. Also have a VFR 800.

Am going to do hot start fix on K1300S. I just got a new motobatt battery. Day I got it I rode ~300 miles from Wirral, averaged 64.8 mph door to door with two fuel stops, a detour into town to buy a new helmet, a backroad detour due to motorway being blocked and picking up a Chinese, which I thought was pretty efficient. Then I stalled at bottom of my drive gingerly trying to turn gently in loose gravel and had to abandon it for 15 mins as it wouldn’t start. Hadn’t told wife I got it which was a bit awkward.

If anyone has wiring diagrams would be great, planning to wire a second starter relay in parallel with existing one as well as supplementing positive lead.
K1300S, VFR800 (used to own K1600GT)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 01:59:38 pm »
Hi Ilya and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

There are wiring diagrams of sorts in here somewhere (BMW a never released the official ones) and also details of the Hot Start fix if you use the detailed search facility. Brian

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 09:18:24 pm »
Another welcome to the madhouse,lots of info on here….been too busy with the 24 hour at Le-Mans and US GP too be looking at the net currently 😜

Online black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 09:34:26 pm »
Hello and welcome.  Pretty decent stats for your first trip! Not many bikes cover the ground as well as a K1300S.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org