Author Topic: New Tom Tom & Headset  (Read 3993 times)

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
New Tom Tom & Headset
« on: March 06, 2016, 08:03:09 pm »
Thought Id treat you all to pics of my latest purchase, a Rider 400 and an Interphone F4MC, sorry to all you Garmin fans, I find Tom Toms a bit more intuitive.

Cost?  About the same as an 18K Dealer service on a K  ;D
Isnt it Ironic, no its a BMW what dya expect.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: New Tom Tom & Headset
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:01:49 am »
Interesting! Can I ask why your BM has a Triumph badge on its dash Mr Box?

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 01:15:21 am »
Could it be that it's not a BMW?   ::)
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 01:47:43 am »
What?

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 07:29:18 am »
How he dares to post a pic of a non bmw bike?
Embrace the wind.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 11:23:02 am »
Out of interest Tim how much did you pay and which kit did you get. When my gadget insurance eventually agreed that my V5 was toast I started looking around and the cheapest I could find for the 400 premium kit was from Spesa.co.uk and it was £309.99 delivered.

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 01:23:10 pm »
Out of interest Tim how much did you pay and which kit did you get. When my gadget insurance eventually agreed that my V5 was toast I started looking around and the cheapest I could find for the 400 premium kit was from Spesa.co.uk and it was £309.99 delivered.

I rarely shop around for best prices and still prefer to buy from people I know, yep costs me more but Mike at Sport Touring has always looked after me in the long run. I didnt want the premium as Ive no use for the car mount etc but I didnt pay much less than you for the regular 400.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 02:30:49 pm »
I don't have much use for the car mount but I do like the locking kit.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 01:25:33 pm »
How's the Interphone F4MC thing working out boxy?

I've got the TomTom 400 now too, and used it in silence at the weekend.  I've got my moulded earplugs but think something with the flat speakers mounted inside the helmet would be preferable, provided the sound travels through my earplugs enough.

So yeah.  Simple.  What's your setup?

(Primary reason I suggest the above is that I want to still be able to music through the earplugs and also hear directions... I'm internetting to see if the Interphone supports playing both.  I guess it does!)
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 04:27:56 pm »
How's the Interphone F4MC thing working out boxy?

I've got the TomTom 400 now too, and used it in silence at the weekend.  I've got my moulded earplugs but think something with the flat speakers mounted inside the helmet would be preferable, provided the sound travels through my earplugs enough.

So yeah.  Simple.  What's your setup?

(Primary reason I suggest the above is that I want to still be able to music through the earplugs and also hear directions... I'm internetting to see if the Interphone supports playing both.  I guess it does!)

Yeah, pretty good, bluetooth wise it does music streaming, phone, sat nav obviously, intercom with others, and then its also got FM Radio built in and an aux plug in for whatever via a jack plug. I dont do music while riding so cannot confirm but Im sure it can handle both. Volume seems good as does battery life.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 04:48:22 pm »
Cheers man, I'm about to pull the trigger on yet another bike purchase then!

Brian this all started with you so it's your fault... thanks! :D
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 10:57:57 pm »
All part of the service we provide as part of the benefits of your membership fees  8)

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 12:24:31 pm »
Arg but then I spend all evening reading about the different Interphone models, settle on the same one and then remember Sena and end up more confused than ever!

Ambient mic sound thing sounds great!  But all I want is music and nav... or all I need.  Want/need/sod it.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 04:54:34 pm »
I've just spent 2 months trawling the electronical interweb thingummy trying to sort out a new set of speakers to do justice to my new Blu-Ray and amp. These! No! Those! What HiFi think those are better than these! NO! Definitely these!! Definitely! Most definitely! Or those?

Sunday evening spotted 'those' with 25% off and free delivery from the same great shop that sold me the amp and disc player!

'Those' arrived this morning! Brilliant!

Just do it Matt  ::)

Brian (who normally goes with his gut feeling but bided his time and went with What HiFi and his wallet  8) )