Author Topic: HealTech QuickShifter  (Read 6028 times)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
Re: HealTech QuickShifter
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2019, 05:24:38 pm »
Because I was being lazy and didn’t want to strip the bike even though I knew a PC was the way to go cutting a very long story short went Rexxer map and as I was the guinea pig the bike spent 8 hours on the dyno getting it sorted.

A decent tuner won’t tell you what day of the week it is,never mind what he is doing the people who did it where friends and some time later I suggested that the lambas(o2) had been deleted and they said maybe.... :D,my X/R which has a PC fitted certainly doesn’t have such i’ve Taken them off because I know modern day maps(last 5 years) delete them period you can leave them on the bike but they don’t work.

Offline polyfiller

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Akro, AF-XIED, Seargent Seat
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 01:07:34 pm »
Replying to question about why I want a remap ... when I got my 2011 it had horrible, jerky on / off throttle response low down the rev range which made riding in town painful. Also had a nasty flat spot when rolling on between 5k and 7k RPM. I have an acro end can and for a quick fix, I bought one of those US gadgets (AF-XIED) which basically changes the lambda output to richen AFR. I have it adjusted nicely and it fixed both my issues ... but .. I still have a few slightly flat areas in the rev range and also I don't like the "blunt tool" solution the AFXIED provides ... I don't like engines running too rich (bad for engine life)... so I want a proper remap to smooth out throttle response and give me a good torque curve which removes any flat feeling throttle response.

And in reply to another post. I will not buy this record, it is scratched.  ;D
My Hovercraft is full of Eels
BMW K1300s

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 03:58:53 pm »
What I forgot while no East Anglia the closest I can recommend is BSD their good really good.....

Re reading this I had a spell of working for Bauer MCN/Bike etc i’ve never forgotten going to collect a journo’s long term 1300r the fuelling on it was nothing short of a disgrace BM’s jump from K1200 to 1300 was very selective.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 11:54:17 pm »
If it were a K12 then the on/off shite is normal and buil in...

A K13 with that sort of fuelling nonesense has something broken in its brain. Even with an Akra can. Loads of 13s have Akra cans, mine included and having lived with (and nearly died on) an early K12 with the worst fuelling on earth, I consider the K13 to be 'almost' flawless...

Unless its had a bad remap already, I'd get it into a stealers for a good look over.

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 08:53:06 am »
Jumping in to second Bri's experience, although just from the K13 side, both mine survived the infamous 'slightly loud' exhaust with no naughty fuelling business :).
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300 Dynamic
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Autocom, BSD remap, 170 at the wheel. SC project can with baffle removed.Lust 25mm lowering plates
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 02:37:20 pm »
I had my K1300R re-mapped at BSD and am more than pleased with the result, it was good before but I think better now.The guy that did it took the time to show me how he was changing the fuelling, couldn't have been more helpful. Recomended.

Best regards   Mick
No problems only Solutions

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 03:27:02 pm »

All modern bikes that have a fuel map influenced by the dreaded TUV always benefit from some help here my X/R

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 03:32:35 pm by chriscanning »

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2019, 03:29:14 pm »
I had my K1300R re-mapped at BSD and am more than pleased with the result, it was good before but I think better now.The guy that did it took the time to show me how he was changing the fuelling, couldn't have been more helpful. Recomended.

Best regards   Mick
Just out of interest, how much does a re-map cost?

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2019, 03:42:29 pm »
Anyone looking at those dyno runs my money is that first thing they look at are the numbers  ;D when in reality its the AF that makes the real difference.

When I finish decorating....... the next job is to decat my KTM GT and no doubt that will need a PC as well.

The irony with threads like this 10 years ago piggy back fuelling was all but finished but there's been allsorts of argy bargy in recent years with manufacturers only being able to hold onto their software for a fixed time and with various tricks of the trade that they use you need to be a pretty brave tuner to delve into an ECU.

I'll sign the official secrets act here  :) so I'm not getting into names but I had a situation with a bike phoned a tuner up 'What can you do' and half way through the conversation he realised who I was and retracted the conversation........

I've been lucky over the years because I know others that have trodden the same path so there's loads of references out there.

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2019, 08:21:34 pm »
Well, I once walked past Richard E. Grant so nerr nerr :p
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2019, 03:58:46 pm »
He mentioned that the other day. He said you totally blanked him  ;D

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2019, 07:37:50 pm »
Fuelling options that I have come across.

Piggy Back.

Power Commander, RapidBike and just to confuse the issue they contradict each other technically.

Direct ECU Flashing.

Rexxer,Woolich

Blunt Instruments that con the ECU

Af-XIED,Booster Plug

On occasion I have come across tuners that will break into the ECU and alter the stock map but there is always the risk of them ‘Bricking it’.

Anyone living up north ‘Junction 33 Tuning’ comes with great revues I’ve no doubt there are others.

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300 Dynamic
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Autocom, BSD remap, 170 at the wheel. SC project can with baffle removed.Lust 25mm lowering plates
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2019, 09:38:48 am »
Rae, the war department bought me a SC project carbon can which i took the guts out of. I'd read on here somewhere that these bikes benefit from  a re-map so I had a check round and BSD had good reviews, and rightly too.
The cost was £394, but  it was on the dyno for about 3 hrs ,it didn't increase the HP much but it really cleaned up the delivery.
The guy seemed totally conversant with the BMW fuelling program and explained each step and the difference between the stock settings and the new ones.

Best regards   Mick Sutton
No problems only Solutions

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2019, 04:06:51 pm »
Crystal clear
Embrace the wind.