Author Topic: Pirelli Angel GT II  (Read 19138 times)

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Pirelli Angel GT II
« on: April 09, 2019, 09:56:10 am »
I think someone may have mentioned them before but if not, they're here ('A' spec front & rear for a K1300S):
https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-gb/motorcycle/all-tyres/sheet/angel-gt-ii

This may explain the decent prices spotted recently for the original Angel GT.

Please can a friendly guinea-pig buy a pair and give us an in-depth report?  ;D

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Pirelli Angel GT II
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 04:20:51 pm »
A review well many reviews were been done already. As for the new version II you have to wait a bit longer as they went out in the market this March.
Embrace the wind.

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 07:12:03 pm »
I bet mopedreifen.de will be one of the first to give a ride review. Up to now, they haven't riden them, only have given a ("static") review. You may want to have a look at it here ... - take care, German only (maybe subtitles can help a little)
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 10:54:38 pm »
I think someone may have mentioned them before but if not, they're here ('A' spec front & rear for a K1300S):
https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-gb/motorcycle/all-tyres/sheet/angel-gt-ii

This may explain the decent prices spotted recently for the original Angel GT.

Please can a friendly guinea-pig buy a pair and give us an in-depth report?  ;D
I'm on my third set and will buy them again.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 10:58:12 pm »
These are brand new tyres Tom - GT II, not GT, with dual channels to get rid of the rain. According to the funky YouTube auto-translation.

I bet mopedreifen.de will be one of the first to give a ride review. Up to now, they haven't riden them, only have given a ("static") review. You may want to have a look at it here ... - take care, German only (maybe subtitles can help a little)

Very useful, Phillipe, thanks. The diagram at 3m 5s shows signififcantly improved wet weather if I read it correctly. That's the one aspect where Michelins might have an edge, so it will be interesting to see if the GT II is better (and is still fab in the dry).

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 09:44:39 am »
Must say that I've never had any "moments" with the original GT in the wet.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 09:57:49 am »
... The diagram at 3m 5s shows signififcantly improved wet weather if I read it correctly. That's the one aspect where Michelins might have an edge, so it will be interesting to see if the GT II is better (and is still fab in the dry).

Anyhow I can already imagine, within a couple of years, the diagram of the GT III compared to the GT II. How much do we bet that the current 100% line(s) will show at around 80% within a couple of years ?

The first marketeer not claiming that the newer product is better than the older product is still to be born... More it is significantly better, more they will ask for the newer product.
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 10:02:13 am »
It is like Heinz beans sticking 'New improved recipe' on their lables.

I don't remember seeing 'Old, tasteless recipe.' on the old labels.

And while we are at it, I keep seeing signs saying 'Oncoming vehicles in middle of road!'

Coming the other way, I never see a sign saying 'Oi, get out of the middle of the road!'

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 10:03:19 am »
For those of us brought up on Avon RoadRunners and Pirelli Phantoms (and let's not mention the square section Speed Master!!!) , the current choice of tyres is superb. I've not tried the Angel GTs but have been more than happy with the PR2s, PR4s and PR5s as well as the Roadtech01. All of them significantly outperform my ability/bravery in the wet and I've not had a single moment on any of them that was related to the tyres not doing what was expected of them as opposed to me not doing what was expected of me. As such, further improvements in wet weather grip seems to be a benefit I'm never going to be able to use! :(

If there was a choice then I'd rather see wet weather grip remain where it is and longevity without impact on dry weather feel/performance be the focus of tyre development. I'll be very interested to know if the Angel GT II lasts any longer than the current competition without compromising feel and turn in.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 05:04:16 pm »
MCN have just released a review of the Angel GT II
https://www.motorcyclenews.com/advice/parts/pirelli-angel-gt-ii/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 05:58:21 pm by richtea »

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 12:40:01 pm »
Just had a pair of Angel GT2 A's fitted for £210 all in. Some Pirelli dealers have great offers at the moment.

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 12:52:16 pm »
Keep us updated Andy.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 03:18:05 pm »
Excellent tyres, it took me some time, to tell the truth , in order to get accustomed to the two zones cause leaning I've learned that it's now a very fast move. 
Embrace the wind.

Offline DouglasM

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2015 K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Stock
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2019, 11:56:03 pm »
As soon as my PS2's wear line shows I'm going to Pirelli Angel GT's. I had them on my other bike and they felt like the bike was on rails.

I didn't like the way the Road Tech 01's wore out in the center so fast on my other bike. That when I went to Pirelli Angel GT's.

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 09:12:58 am »
Don't confuse the Angel GT with the Angel GT II
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 11:07:47 am by richtea »